Respected Contributor

Re: Whenever II see Linda Davies

Linda repped a line called "Modern Soul" - which has been ressurected on HSN - go look...it's only got 3 items, but it's back!

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

Linda repped a line called "Modern Soul" - which has been ressurected on HSN - go look...it's only got 3 items, but it's back!

I still own several pieces from the Modern Soul line from when it was sold on QVC.  I found it to be a modern classic line.  I'm not sure the current pieces on HSN compare, at least right now, to what Modern Soul used to offer.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

For those who like the Liz C line like I do, you can find a large collection at JC Penney's.  I was there a few days ago, and purchased several sweaters and tops for myself and my daughter at really low sale prices.

I got five items for less than $60.  There was so much more that I wanted, but didn't need, so I finally pushed myself out of the store.  The selections and prices were pretty amazing.

Honored Contributor

I think I can't wrap my head around someone "enjoying" a sales presentation.  I do remember the LC line, I wore it but I watched because I liked the clothing, not because I liked the vendor rep.  QVC kept Linda after they ditched the LC line; I believe she does some Home shows now so you can still see her.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

For those who like the Liz C line like I do, you can find a large collection at JC Penney's.  I was there a few days ago, and purchased several sweaters and tops for myself and my daughter at really low sale prices.

I got five items for less than $60.  There was so much more that I wanted, but didn't need, so I finally pushed myself out of the store.  The selections and prices were pretty amazing.

It's a different line, not like the LC line that QVC sold.  Both QVC and Sears bought rights to the defunct Liz Clairborne name but they manufactured their own pieces.  I haven't been in a Sears in years and years but I remember that their Liz Clairborne couldn't compare with QVC's.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think I can't wrap my head around someone "enjoying" a sales presentation.  I do remember the LC line, I wore it but I watched because I liked the clothing, not because I liked the vendor rep.  QVC kept Linda after they ditched the LC line; I believe she does some Home shows now so you can still see her.

The OP's purpose of this thread and others concur(me too) is that Linda Davies was a pleasant vendor and because of her personality and deamenor, she made her sales presentation enjoyable.  There some vendors who just the opposite.  One will not sit through an hour presentation with a vendor who is grating.

Respected Contributor

Always professional, always lovely.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

It's a different line, not like the LC line that QVC sold.  Both QVC and Sears bought rights to the defunct Liz Clairborne name but they manufactured their own pieces.  I haven't been in a Sears in years and years but I remember that their Liz Clairborne couldn't compare with QVC's.  

@chrystaltree  I have purchased LIz C at Macy's, Penney and their Liz outlet stores.

I don't wear QVC clothing, so I have never purchased any Liz C from them.  I have many pieces that are quite a few years old and every piece I have purchased has been a great quality item.  That line makes a lot of 100% cotton pieces.

I do not wear synthetic fabrics and don't own any, except for a jacket or two from Lands End ( Primaloft)

Honored Contributor

JCPenney has the Liz Claiborne line exclusively now; it is more upscale than the LC New York that was sold on QVC
Linda Davies is my definition of a lady...don't see too many of them anymore, but she and Mary Beth both seem gentile and pleasant to watch.
Contributor

Me too.  When did theu stop carring it ??