Honored Contributor

Re: When you're feeling down....

@Calcgirl wrote:

House Cat, I am so sorry you are feeling down.  Are you lonely and alone? If so, possibly calling upi a friend and inviting them over for lunch if the weather doesn't permit going out.  Or joining a church group? Joining or starting a book club?  Volunteering? Do you have children?  Starting a new hobby ? I just read that exercise helps depression.

God Bless you and I hope you feel better soon sweet lady.

Thank you for the kind words.  However, it was just a general question. I'm fine.  I have a list of journal prompts and that was the question of the day, so I thought I'd pose it here.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

For me....at least...I took the question as not feeling down all the time, but on occasion....

Yes, some people are depressed on a daily basis, that is a totally different issue than feeling down...

I am 'down'  sometimes as I said earlier, the weather plays a factor.... winter is depressing.  To cold to be outside to walk for exercise, roads are bad, stuck in the house, etc, etc.

Other people could be down because of a current circumstance and that to will pass....I would guess that most people have that same feeling sometime in their life.

Respected Contributor

Take a walk or lay down. Sometimes both.

Respected Contributor

Go for a walk or hike.  Getting outside is usually at the top of my list.  Gardening, too.  Go the nursery and look at what's new (if it's spring/summer)

Bake something really special or make a nice meal (for me, it's the creating that relaxes me and gets my mind off things..I love to cook.)

Get in the car and take a drive somewhere, stop and get coffee 

Listen to your favorite music, tap your heels and wiggle your hips! Smiley Happy  A three minute dance party can do the trick

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

Taking a walk in nature usually lifts my spirits. 

Valued Contributor

Where can I find this bag?

Honored Contributor

Turn on the music and sing.  Music always puts me in a good mood.

Take Alfie for a walk and survey the beauty of the earth around me.  Just watching him walk and enjoy the people and other dogs makes me happy. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~