Valued Contributor

Re: When you're feeling down....

@house_cat  Thank you for the reply. I will send pixs when I get back. I also have a schnauzer grand pup who is 1 /1/2. A lot of dog for his size. I will share him also. Your dog is sitting on that seat like it’s all his! So sweet.

i live in NW Florida, Lake City. We have semi winter. I was always used to the East Coast and this weather  is totally different. I can’t complain though or i shouldn’t!  Take care.

Respected Contributor

The winter months have always been especially hard for me, would really get me down.  DH retired and we decided to move to southeastern NC and I didn't even notice it was January, then February, the hardest months for me when I'd get depressed the most.  I'm spending 1/2 my day outside, walking, taking bike rides, playing pickleball and it has made a big difference.  Exercise was always important in keeping me from getting too down but being able to be outside more during the winter months has been another big help.   Getting together my my girlfriends also lifts my mood and I glass of wine never hurts!

Trusted Contributor

Definitely get out of the house and go do something. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just being active and doing something seems to really help me. By the time I get back home I usually forgot what was bugging me. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs  I feel very down during the winter months as well and have felt that way for the entire time ive lived here in the midwest. I had to put my foot down because i just couldnt live with myself feeling that way my whole life therefore, ive decided to move. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

@mintedrose ...good for you!  When you say 'put my foot down', does that mean you convinved your husband to move or did you say that to yourself?

My dh is not willing...and I understand, it is expensive to relocate and there is a significant age difference..I am 64 he is 78...that is also part of the problem.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs by saying putting my foot down was referring to myself. Well kinda....Ive heard so many times women say that they dont know who they are anymore in a marriage and i get that now. I dont feel like myself anymore. So, I had to accept that fact that i will not happy here no matter what im doing. I was trying really hard to MAKE myself like it here. I tried so many ways to meet like minded people and help myself get adjusted but something inside me was just not convinced.

So, i came to terms with myself first. Even if we were making significantly more doesnt matter to me because i feel like better quality of life is much more valuable than being like machines. And certain events happened that sealed the deal for me to leave. 

My husband is open to moving as well since he has been here his whole life so he says he wants to experience a new place as well.  Ive seen and experiened a better life and i'd like both of us to experience that together. I am fortunate that he's open to it. I think He  knows the meaning of 'happy wife happy life'. Smiley Happy

You are both still very young, i wish you find happiness where ever you are. hugs @ momtodogs 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

I will never feel down,too much going on. Never have the time to feel down. My daughter tells me this too she is down, i said clean do something get rid of ****** makes you feel better donate things other people can use it. Maybe good weather cheers you up but I am not the person to feel sorry for myself. My down time is finding a way to solve problems & move on. I will never let this get to me. Move forward no time to feel sorry for yourself understand life we get problems & fun it's life enjoy & understand this is how it goes figure it out.

Trusted Contributor

House Cat, I am so sorry you are feeling down.  Are you lonely and alone? If so, possibly calling upi a friend and inviting them over for lunch if the weather doesn't permit going out.  Or joining a church group? Joining or starting a book club?  Volunteering? Do you have children?  Starting a new hobby ? I just read that exercise helps depression.

God Bless you and I hope you feel better soon sweet lady.

Respected Contributor

it's what you make of it, get depressed or move on

Respected Contributor

@sissel wrote:

I will never feel down,too much going on. Never have the time to feel down. My daughter tells me this too she is down, i said clean do something get rid of ****** makes you feel better donate things other people can use it. Maybe good weather cheers you up but I am not the person to feel sorry for myself. My down time is finding a way to solve problems & move on. I will never let this get to me. Move forward no time to feel sorry for yourself understand life we get problems & fun it's life enjoy & understand this is how it goes figure it out.

This sounds just like my mom. 

When I'm feeling down, it gives me no comfort. I often wonder why she has no empathy. From reading some of these post(I haven't read them all)  she's  not the only one. Sometimes you just can't move forward. I guess you have to experience it to know. 

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran