Valued Contributor

Re: When you're feeling down....

stop looking at or thinking about my checking account balance and think of how my grandmother who was born in 1888, went from zero to hero, because she refused to give up and remember some of the million sayings that she had "nothing lasts forever" and "never give up hope or faith", no matter how bad things seem.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I think I like the color you chose best but next would be the dusty pink with  grey tassel.Those bags have a great price and look beautifully made too.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@ECBG I think I like the color you chose best but next would be the dusty pink with  grey tassel.Those bags have a great price and look beautifully made too.

@dexAre you going to gift yourself?  It's handmade and will never go out of style.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBGi am sure thinking about it....do you know the weight?

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Count my blessings......

This is so very true! 

I will get down in the dumps often over the winter.  I realize that this doesn't work for some but all I have to do is watch some of those shows in TV like Hoarders, 600lb life, etc. and realize that there are many who have it so much worse.  I look at my life & surroundings and can say I have it pretty well.

I wish I were the type who could get motivated enough to clean, organize & exercise but in the winter it's tough for me.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I'll look at sites that have beautiful items like Terrain or Uno Alla Volta where I got this beautiful bag although I'm not a bag person.

Sky Blue Suede Tassel Bucket Bag Of Florence

@ECBG

I give my vote to the purple bag with the green tassel.  Beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@dexIt's just the leather which is just thick enough to have a shape.  It isn't full of heavy dividers.

I have a sciatic nerve problem.  My bags are light and this gave me no issue at all!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Nothing as soothing to me as playing my trombone, and I still can’t wait for my tuba to get here!

Esteemed Contributor

I got another letter from the gas company sa ying I am  spending alot to heat the house. I called the number and the y told me to call so -and so.  They told me about free help and look over the hou se to see what can be done. I hope so. I have it  79 and my legs are so cold. The noise is bad. We took-my son -the vents closed a little where some rooms gave off too much heat. It is not helping so Thurda y  afternoon I hope so. Not getting help from companies .Surprised this is free. I wonder if setup wrong.People before think I am nuts. Even my son doesn't feel it and don't want to discuss it.  So I am down and no one cares. Last year when I talked here some said I am hallucinating. 

Trusted Contributor

@halfpint1 most of the power companies offer services to go around a make sure your house is energy efficient so that's good for you. And if the noise you hear is fom something like the air conditioning or the heat they might come across something that's causing it.

I don't think anyone would say you are hallucinating. I think people are just pointing out that the noise you hear could be something in your body reacting to stress. I know someone said it started after your husband died. And you mostly hear it at night when you are alone.