Honored Contributor

Re: When you're feeling down....

@violann wrote:

Nothing as soothing to me as playing my trombone, and I still can’t wait for my tuba to get here!

Wow! Good for you! I'm not sure if it would cheer me up, but I'm pretty sure it would cheer my neighbors down!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@violann wrote:

Nothing as soothing to me as playing my trombone, and I still can’t wait for my tuba to get here!

Wow! Good for you! I'm not sure if it would cheer me up, but I'm pretty sure it would cheer my neighbors down!

When I am practicing “Distance lends Enchantment”!

Honored Contributor

I listen to rock music with the volume turned up high.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

With interest I have been reading this thread,thank you. I have been feeling really down for a few weeks now. I try to keep busy and do a lot of walking. I am planning a visit to  enjoy my son and wife and new grand puppy next month and hoping that will renew my spirit.

Respected Contributor

When I feel down, I Iike to read an inspiration book, visit with a friend or watch a funny movie. There is nothing like laughing. 

Honored Contributor

Hey there @house_cat,

Ya know, I really can't remember the last time I "felt down". I have lived through so many things that kill people every day, mainly by being an Optimist. To me, true Optimism means one always looks for the good things, regardless of their present circumstances.

If I go back about 3 decades, I suffered from diagnosed Panic/Anxiety Attacks and Clinical Depression. In that state(The Big Black Hole), one sees nor feels an Up or Down, for them there is neither.

For the last 18+ months when anyone asks "how ya doin", I say GREAT, because that is exactly how I feel, mentally and physically. The more I am able to ice skate at my level, the GREATER I feel.

Now you didn't expect a short reply, did ya?

Take care now, eh?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Hey there @house_cat,

Ya know, I really can't remember the last time I "felt down". I have lived through so many things that kill people every day, mainly by being an Optimist. To me, true Optimism means one always looks for the good things, regardless of their present circumstances.

If I go back about 3 decades, I suffered from diagnosed Panic/Anxiety Attacks and Clinical Depression. In that state(The Big Black Hole), one sees nor feels an Up or Down, for them there is neither.

For the last 18+ months when anyone asks "how ya doin", I say GREAT, because that is exactly how I feel, mentally and physically. The more I am able to ice skate at my level, the GREATER I feel.

Take care now, eh?

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

Happy skating to YOU!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1

79° and your legs are cold? I know you have many health issues, but!  You mention this to your Doctors?

Our patio room is tne warmest place in our home and we keep it at 65°, but we dress accordingly. At 79° I would be sweating all the time, not to mention doubling or tripleling our utility bill.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Hey there @house_cat,

Take care now, eh?

hckynut(john)

JOHN IT IS GREAT to read that you’re STILL SKATING!!! My trombone/tuba are sort of in the same place as your skating, I think.

For the last several weeks when something goes off kilter around me, I think of that amazing tuba I’m going to come across, and all of a sudden, the sun comes out again!

Hope you and yours are well !!

Honored Contributor

@Elom wrote:

With interest I have been reading this thread,thank you. I have been feeling really down for a few weeks now. I try to keep busy and do a lot of walking. I am planning a visit to  enjoy my son and wife and new grand puppy next month and hoping that will renew my spirit.

I'm sorry to hear that, @Elom, but it sounds like you're doing the right things.  I don't know what kind of climate you live in, but when I lived in a cold climate, these were the hardest weeks for me.  I used to cheer me to peruse the gardening and seed catalogs (I'm dating myself, not sure if they still have those).  I'd plan and imagine what my spring garden would look like.  It never looked as nice in reality, as I'm not a talented gardener, but it sure was fun planning. 

If you remember when the time comes, I'm sure we'd all love to hear how the visit went... maybe even share a grandogger photo if you don't mind.

Here's my grandogger, Cedar.  She was in the "cone of shame" because she was spayed and wouldn't stop messing with the incision.  My son lives far from me and I rarely get to see him, so texting photos back and forth helps me feel not-so-far away.

IMG_0296.JPG

~ house cat ~