Honored Contributor

When you're feeling down....

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 7.01.54 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: When you're feeling down....

Ha...wish I knew the answer....but I would say if I need to blow off steam, I clean house...in warmer months, I would probably walk.

Right now, I am a little down, guessing it is cabin fever....the winters have a way of doing that to me....it's cold, I don't want to go out much.  If I had a willing DH, I would move.  There is nothing keeping me in our current location.  Maybe knowing that I will not be relocating is what has me down.

Honored Contributor

First I try to fix whatever it is that is giving me the blues.  I rarely, if ever, feel down for no reason at all.  I know some people do experience that.  If I can't fix whatever is wrong; I usually go online and buy myself a little something; like a lipstick or some hand creme or body lotion.  Taking a nap can perk me up too.  

Respected Contributor

Count my blessings......

Respected Contributor

@house_cat  change my environment, which could involve going to a comedy at the theater, going shopping, getting out of the house, making something (cooking, sewing, crafts), watching funny TV shows, or spending time with others.

The best thing I've found it to make your mind busy with other things. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I take a step back & count my blessings.Then I busy myself with something that gives me a sense of accomplishment. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to do crafts;  knit, crochet or sew, but lately, I've been so worried about some things going on, I can't concentrate, so, I've been  surrounding myself with the things I love ... My little dog on my lap, my cockatiels hang out on my shoulders .. In fact, watching my birds is very soothing to me -- and I've heard having an aquarium does the same thing;  it has a calming effect. 

Other things I find soothing because I enjoy them so much - listening to classical music on YT and watching ballets.

If you like ballet, you should check out the Prix de Lausanne videos.  There's also the Royal Opera House channel, which has wonderful dancing.

I'm hoping when my court hearing is over, I can relax and get back to my crafts.

Doing something with my hands, especially crochet, is very soothing.

EDIT:

Oh!  Hahaha!  I almost forgot .. I'm in a ton of FB groups;  cooking, crafts, pets .... basically, my hobbies, which I can talk about forever! 

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

Somewhere long ago I read that a person can only maintain a extreme emotion for about 15 minutes.  They said it much more elegantly.

I am a firm believer in wallowing it for a little while.  Eventually it will be become boring and you will be over it.

Esteemed Contributor

I babysat for my 6month old GS yesterday.  He's such a happy baby!

Denial is good thing too.  I can't think about the bad stuff 24/7.  (DH has prostate cancer Gleason 6 rating)

Honored Contributor

playing mushy face with my dog works, we see who can kiss the other the most.  She usually wins.

I don't really know an answer for the question.  It passes, if and when it comes on.