Respected Contributor

Re: When you love Snow...❄😅

@Witchy Woman 

Just be patient with yourself.  I have just recently started working the larger puzzles.  I have mine laid out where I can work a bit and then walk away to do other things.  The bigger ones do take more time.  

I also enjoy the little 350 or 500 piece puzzles from Dollar Tree.  They require less space and can be worked quicker.  I have a bunch of them and check them whenever I go for new ones.

This is the one I am working now:

441FF4F1-3B46-49B8-AD16-9BFB08F55071.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

I like the one you are working.  Certainly challenging!

I got this one for myself for Christmas.  I loved working it.

387C37C7-146A-4AD0-98CE-1FEC19CFC74B.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@4kitties 

I LOVE Bonnie White puzzles, and yours is just delightful!

I'm partial to her Halloween-themed puzzles and have done several.  The folk art is charming, but challenging.

Yes, I have mine set up like you do and have invested in puzzle piece sorting trays which helped a lot.

The tea time puzzle would look pretty in a kitchen. 

I frame all of mine and have them hanging in my second floor hallway so I can enjoy them.  

While doing them can drive me crazy sometimes, I keep buying them, so, not sure what that says about me Cat LOL

Enjoy your puzzles!

Respected Contributor

Pic from our wintery walk in the state park last weekend..❄️⛅️

1262B813-42DC-49BB-BA46-CE9041415911.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Snow is coming our way tomorrow and into Monday.

I hate it.  It causes too many car accidents, people like me fall, and it has to be shoveled.  We have a long and wide driveway and we live on a corner lot, so lots of walks that must be cleaned off.

We have a couple of snow blowers including a commercial size one, but I worry about my DH out there working.  He is not a spring chicken anymore, though he thinks he is.

I hate the salted streets.  It makes it impossible to walk the dogs.  I could go on and on.

Be safe everyone and stay indoors if possible.

Honored Contributor

Dog Jumping On A Snow Wagging Tail GIF - Dog Jumping On A Snow Snow Dog GIFs

Trusted Contributor

That photo looks exactly like the blizzard we were caught in once in Flagstaff, Arizona on our way to Spring Training.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

Have you ever looked at Angi, formerly Angie's List.  It's a directory of all kinds of service people with references in your area.  I have found some absolute gems with this service.

A lot of time out of work workmen want and need extra work.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   No, I never looked.  My husband is the person who cleans everyone's drive way and side walks.

We very seldom pay for any handyman services.  My DH fixes cars...mechanically and does body work and paints vehicles.  He often gets an older car and fixes it up and donates it to somone who needs a car.

He does all of our painting and home repairs, etc. He is very good and loves to keep busy.  He builds decks and pours concrete...you name it and he does it.

I don't mind normally, but I don't  like when he is outside too long when it is cold.  He has every machine and gadget you can think of...including three different snow blowers.

There is no way he would pay anyone to do any kind of work.  One of our shutters blew off a second floor window last week and he bought a new set, and painted them.  He wants to replace them ASAP.  I have been having a fit. It is too cold and snowy out for him to be on a ladder.

He is in good shape, but I still worry. He is one hard headed son of a gun.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

Our wonderful first boy would run tunnels thru the snow! He loved it too and taught his brother and sister to love it too!💞

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"