Valued Contributor

When you look back at your life

[ Edited ]

What are some things that you wish you did differently? 

Add: This isnt a question to make you regret or remind u of the icky times. Its only for self-reflection and while we're on memory lane, we might as well chuckle and laugh about all the goofy things we did and wish we knew then what we know now. Smiley Wink

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

Re: When you look back at your life

I never look back.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

Listened to my intuition instead of my Desperate Housewives girlfriends.

Trusted Contributor

Everything.

Esteemed Contributor

Lived my life with gusto and purpose. Loved deeply, shared with others, continue to learn, met and exceed goals, volunteered, played and laughed throughout the entire time. Many great memories of both good and sad experiences. Would live it all over again with the same choices.    

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@mintedrose   Not too much, but worry less about my now adult children when they were 16-20 year old you adults out having a good time.  They both did turn out as terrific adults and I was kind of the crazy mom who thought the worst was going to happen and became frantic when they didn't answer their phone. 

Oh, and start saving for retirement when I first started working.  You start working at 16 and before you know it, you've already turned 50!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great question, however, I have lived a long life.  I honestly think I could write a book about the things in my life I would have done differently, some of the choices I made , and some of the choices I didn't make that I should have.  There are so many things thrown at us and sometimes they are thrown all at once and decisions need to be made quickly.  I think we have all done the best we could and in all honesty, I don't want to go back over it.  Now if someone were to tell me I can do it over with what I know now, I would jump for joy, grab that ring and be on my way.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Furthered my education. 

Honored Contributor

Absolutely nothing!  There are things that looking back now I just shake my head and think "wow, why did I do that BUT it would change the course of my life and things that I have accomplished and ultimately maybe who I am now and who I am with.  I am quite happy and content. 

Respected Contributor

If I had done things differently, I wouldn't be in the place I am now. I like where I am now, Emotionally, mentally, financially, experientiially. So no, I wouldn't change anything.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown