Respected Contributor

Re: When was the last time you (snail) mailed a card or letter?

[ Edited ]

h@house_cat   Yesterday.  I also love beautiful paper, cards, stickers, note cards.  Although I love Hallmark, I prefer the Hallmark dollar store cards. 2/$1. Bigger ones $1 each.  Just as nice, maybe a little less glitter or foil.   I mail probably 50 birthday cards a year, and I still do Christmas cards and thank you’s.  I also email cards from Blue Mountain.  A great service. Maybe$15 a year.  

Trusted Contributor

15 years ago? That's the last one I can definitely remember. 

Esteemed Contributor

Grandsons (4 of them) all received Easter cards with $$ - we always send them cards for major holidays and their birthdays.....DH and I enjoy sending them. I send birthday cards to a few friends. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the seniors (like me) and the little ones enjoy receiving special cards in the mail. Those in the middle of that age range don't seem to really care.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have posted about this very topic before. I think sending cards for any occasion is becoming a lost art. I love sending birthday, sympathy, get well, thank-you, etc.cards. I sent a sympathy card a couple of days ago. I seem to be one of the dwindling number who also loves sending and receiving greeting cards. I enjoy knowing someone took the time to sit down, write a few words to me, and mail it. Emails and texts are quick and easy, but nothing takes the place of a real card...one you can display and keep with the memories it holds. Christmas and holiday cards are a whole other issue...

Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee 

I'm just curious why you say you've never been a fan of greeting cards - why is that?

@house_cat ,honesty I think they are a waste of money. If I really cared, i would go see them or call them to give them a greeting. With some exceptions, as above.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Peaches McPhee 

I'm just curious why you say you've never been a fan of greeting cards - why is that?

@house_cat ,honesty I think they are a waste of money. If I really cared, i would go see them or call them to give them a greeting. With some exceptions, as above.

Thank you for the explanation. I've always loved cards, so it's hard for me to imagine. I'm also a shy person, so it's more in my comfort zone than a visit most times.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

I enjoy sending & receiving cards or special notes from GD.

I send her a "little" note every week & she so enjoys getting mail.  My family was so thrilled to get the ty notes from her from her recent bday gifts.

She is cute (8 yrs old) we will be on Skype everyday sometimes 3-4 times a day if she wants to tell me something...and then she'll say "grandmom you're getting a surprise" I say "oh good your coming to visit!" she says "no check your mail?"

I sent her note cards & stamps so she writes me notes, decorates envelope & so thrilled to put in mailbox.

I'v been doing this since she was about 4 and how nice she's writing to me now that she's older🥰

Respected Contributor

In the last two weeks I've mailed 3 cards.  One sympathy and two other 'just because' cards.  I love texting and emailing but I also love sending cards thru the mail.

Trusted Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I still mail birthday, thank you, sympathy, get well, and thinking of you cards all the time. 

I still do too.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat : Oh- please make my day and send me something.  DH says - wife soon to be 65 but playful attitude like a 6 year old that gets excited about commercials or anything that included puppy dogs, ice cream, candy and cake. Southern