Esteemed Contributor

Re: When was the last time you (snail) mailed a card or letter?

@house_cat  I just mailed a card in June. I am adament about purchasing, writing in side, addressing, placing a stamp on the envelope and mailing cards. Texts and emails show (to me) a lack of sincerity and caring. JMO. I will admit, however, that I have my limit on how much I will pay for cards. I think some are very over priced and since they are probably discarded within a day or two, I prefer a less costly choice.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I haven't mailed a letter to anyone in several years.  I do mail cards to my husband's parents for all the holidays. I mailed cards to them on Mother's Day and Father's Day.  A few days ago,  mailed a birthday card to my friend who lives in Maryland.

Honored Contributor

When I see a card someone would enjoy, I send it to them as a smile that day.

I do send sympathy cards.  If I have a sick friend, I call to see if I can make them a meal.

Honored Contributor

I just bought these last week and I'm reluctant to use them. I should have gotten two.

IMG_5371.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep 

I hear ya!  We had a local Hallmark store that I loved to shop in, but the prices were outrageous.  I'd walk out with two cards and the cost would often be more than $10. I have to admit that there are occasions when I will still do that, but mostly I get beautiful cards at the 99⍧ store.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I mailed 2 birthday cards yesterday. I am a card person!! I have index cards with months & birthdays of closest friends listed. I send several monthly. Also, I just recently made a few cards, trying a new craft. 

Respected Contributor

I will be mailing a graduation card today.  Or....if I'm motivated and have the time, I will bring it to their home personally (they live in the same neighborhood).

Honored Contributor

My close friends and some family members get a card. I try to get just the right one for their personality, and that will never change.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I'm another who stockpiles cards- I buy all occasions at the Dollar Store. Holidays, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, graduations, congratulations on the new baby, baptisms, christenings, thank you cards.. Today I sent a sympathy card. 

I no longer have good handwriting- RA, but I try to write a personal, brief note in each card. I usually get a phone call thanking me for the card and gift (if any). I get many cards, too, for my birthday or at the holidays- they know I like them. Some e-cards, which I don't mind. Some of them are lovely or very cute. The animated ones are my favorite! 

I used to love and buy the pretty stationary and pens. I'm glad to see so many keeping the traditions alive- cards and handwritten letters. 😊

Honored Contributor

Last week.