Honored Contributor

Re: When was the last time you (snail) mailed a card or letter?

I send cards and notes of encouragement.

Occasional Contributor

I still mail birhtday, thank you and Christmas cards.   Christmas cards I only mail to people that are not on my facebook page.  I love all the special people that took time to mail me a birthday card.  It means so much to me because each person took the time out of their day to buy the card and then take to time and cost of postage to mail it to me.  I am very grateful to those people.

Valued Contributor

All Birthday's for mostly family that don't live nearby. The ones I can deliver with a present don't get mailed.

Respected Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

All the time.  Hate email cards/letters.

Same for me.  There's just the person touch when you have something handwritten from someone that cares about you.

@Jinlei wrote:

All the time.  Hate email cards/letters.

Respected Contributor

I still snail mail.  I do think there is something personal concerning the meaning of the thought with a card.  It relates to the receiver you really were thinking of them and took a moment to send a hello and sentiment to them.  It is something you actually do instead of just sitting and sending an email or text.

Generally I do believe that society should not let all things go away. Good manners, politeness, courtesy, and social conduct and contact should not just disappear from social grace.

An example would be that if you took a calculator from a kid today would they know how to do the math?  Some only print and not know how to scribe. 

Just label me OLD.     

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Christmas and Easter.  

Respected Contributor

I 'snail/mailed '' a card yesterday.  I usually do about once a month.