Esteemed Contributor

Re: When to say Goodbye...

[ Edited ]

@Malcontent 

I will make this short, for me anyways.

You say you love him, yet you are going to deny him having you with him, when he takes his last breath! He wants those that love him with him when he is not completely sure what is happening.

Cruel! The decision made by the 2 you mentioned, is the right decision. From the info you have posted here. What is cruel? You leaving your little loved one to go across The Bridge without the one he loves being with him.

Yes, my wife and I have been through this so many times, we don't even want to think about how many. Our loved ones were being held, by either my wife or myself, when they took their final breath. 

What you have said here tells any cat owner that has had to make this decision! It says: I am thinking of myself, not the one I say I love.

You are the one that is wrong. " Doesn't eat, drinks little water, went from 16lbs to 3lbs", and you don't get it? Wake up before it's too late. Maybe it is already!! 

If this is how much you say you love "cats"? Please do not get another one .

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Sending you hugs, it's very hard but the last act of love we can do for our beloved pets. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Malcontent 

I feel your pain.  The Poem is so sad, but true.  It is so hard to accept and no amount of words will help the pain of losing a love one.

Can it be done at home where everything is familar?  When the time comes for my baby it will be at home.

As hard as it is, we keep them alive for us because we love them so and don't want them to go away.  He will always be with you in spirit.  

I have a pet cemertary in my back yard near a fountain and also the ashes of my long time cat in a beautiful box in my home with his picture on top.

He didn't like the outside. So he is in the house. 

Your baby is suffering, let him go in peace. 

Have you read the Rainbow bridge poem? That is also a beautiful poem? I

In time you will be able to look back and talk about all the good times and funny times together.

My heart and prayers go out to you. It is not easy to let go.

Hugs to both of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Beautiful, beautiful and makes sense.  Crying like a baby.

Not looking forward to that day, but reading this poem will help make a wise decision.  Thank you

Respected Contributor

@Malcontent 

I am so sorry for your impending loss.  Same as others, I've been there multiple times.  Saying goodbye now is the right thing to do.  Please know this in your heart. ❤

Esteemed Contributor

I can not bring myself to read the poem as I will be a mess.

All I want to tell you is that I have had two dogs die in my arms, both on a Saturday night, because I could not bring myself to put them to rest.  They both suffered terribly at the end.  It was not pretty.

I hope I have the strength to not let that happen again.

Have comfort in knowing you made the right decision.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Malcontent 

I will make this short, for me anyways.

You say you love him, yet you are going to deny him having you with him, when he takes his last breath! He wants those that love him with him when he is not completely sure what is happening.

Cruel! The decision made by the 2 you mentioned, is the right decision. From the info you have posted here. What is cruel? You leaving your little loved one to go across The Bridge without the one he loves being with him.

Yes, my wife and I have been through this so many times, we don't even want to think about how many. Our loved ones were being held, by either my wife or myself, when they took their final breath. 

What you have said here tells any cat owner that has had to make this decision! It says: I am thinking of myself, not the one I say I love.

You are the one that is wrong. " Doesn't eat, drinks little water, went from 16lbs to 3lbs", and you don't get it? Wake up before it's too late. Maybe it is already!! 

If this is how much you say you love "cats"? Please do not get another one .

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

Apparently you know about cruel because those are unnecassaily mean things to say to a stranger on the interwebs on a very stressful day for their family.

Respected Contributor

@Malcontent   Sending hugs to you.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@Malcontent   Sending hugs and prayers for you and your baby.

❤️❤️(((hugs)))

@KingstonsMom   I’m crying over the poem and I don’t even have a pet.  Thanks for sharing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When to say Goodbye...

[ Edited ]

I said good-bye to my beloved beagle last month. I had to make the decision by myself since my husband has Alzheimer's Disease, followed by a stroke, and is in a nursing home. Maddie saw us through Covid lockdown, husband's worsening illness, holidays, and loss. I miss her terribly, but I vowed that I would not let her suffer. I kept my promise and she died peacefully in my arms.