@phoenixbrd 

Thank You.

Trusted Contributor

@Chopsmom 

Thank You.

Trusted Contributor

Re: When to say Goodbye...

[ Edited ]

I am so sorry that your baby is so ill and that you must say goodbye.

When I was younger, I resisted euthanizing my pets. However, when one of my sweet babies had a painful last two days, I decided I had to put my fur kids' comfort ahead of my feelings. Now, I decide to schedule the final appointment, give my cat as wonderful a  last day as possible, and hold him/her in their favorite blanket, while petting him/her and speaking to my boy/girl for the final injection. It is gut- wrenching, but I never want to leave an important furry family member to die without me.

Those of us with pets know your pain and your feelings.  Please take care of yourself.

Respected Contributor

@Malcontent  I am thinking about you and your beautiful fur baby today.
Although this is a very hard day for you; I hope you will be comforted by the beautiful memories you have shared with Gods purrrfect creation. 🙏 

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent I am giving you the biggest virtual hug.Heart I had this same situation with my own dog and there is nothing that can make it better. You just have to go through it and guide your pet to peace. I am so sorry and I have prayers up for you and your family. Biggest hugs! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Malcontent - so sorry you are facing this difficult decision. It is never easy. However, I have always my furries gave me so much and asked for so little in return.

I agree with you Vet and your hubby. Right now, your furry has no quality of life and is suffering.

He will meet his friends when he gets over The Rainbow Bridge. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Malcontent While this breaks my heart everytime we share this type of story together on here........I know how it hurts inside but you must remember.... we cannot keep them here for our sake, we must let them go for theirs.  God Bless.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent I think many of us have been there...a guilty feeling in addition to the profound sadness of saying goodbye.  Are we doing the right thing?  Yes I believe so.  You don't want unnecessary and prolonged suffering.

It's always so hard to let go to what we all consider a very much loved family member.  I'm sorry for your pain.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent   So sorry for what you are going through.  I have been there many times.  

10th cannine commandment:   Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: ‘I can’t bear to watch it’, ‘let it happen in my absence’ or ‘I am tired of you’. Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.

~Author Unknown

While they were the hardest things to do,  I do not regret holding them until the end.  I have no doubt they felt the love!!  

Whatever your choice is do not feel guilt over it!