Honored Contributor

Re: When is your tree coming down?

Mine never went up, so I have nothing to take down and put away.

Honored Contributor

We didn’t put up a tree this year. Too many family health crises surrounding us and it seemed overwhelming to me. 

The decorations I did put out were taken down and put away Christmas Day at 5:00 PM after we got home from my sister’s house. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

As we travel to see our grandkids, we don't put up a tree or any decorations. However, this year we did help her take her decorations/tree down as she had to go back to work Thursday and the tree was getting dry.

Super Contributor

This year my tree came down 2nd week of December. The tree was more than 20 years and not stable. I shouldn't have put in up at all. Cat bumped into one night and it came crashing down at 3:00 a.m.. The rest of the decorations came down day after Christmas. This has been a rough year for the holidays and I just want everything Christmas put away. Snowman decor was put out and will stay out until end of February.

Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

It all stays up until January 6th.  Christmas season isn't over  until then.  We have Christmas, then my birthday today and the New Years.  I enjoy seeing all the decorations, especially the tree with the colored lights.

@MarthaStewardess

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

Trusted Contributor

Don’t feel in a big hurry this year, so I would say sometime next week after kids go back to school.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

I put my Christmas decorations up on December 1. I put every thing away on New Year’s Day.  It’s a tradition.

Respected Contributor

I’ll probably take the tree down on New Years Day. 

My parents always left it up until after Jan 6th.

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

It all stays up until January 6th.  Christmas season isn't over  until then.  We have Christmas, then my birthday today and the New Years.  I enjoy seeing all the decorations, especially the tree with the colored lights.

@MarthaStewardess

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Since New Year's Day is normally a "home" day for me, that is when I traditionally take down the tree. Always feels so nice to get the house back in order.