Respected Contributor

Re: When is your tree coming down?

My tree stays up until New Years Day but everything else is coming down today.

Honored Contributor

I started yesterday, Friday, got the ornaments all wrapped and boxed but may leave the tree up as the lights I got this year from HSN xmas in July are so great----mine is a faux tree with tiny lights and the HSN lights are like a halo with strings of bigger ball lights that have many different styles/patterns of light shows. Love them. but it will all get put away before the new year.

Honored Contributor

Definitely in no hurry. Love the season and the decor so will continue to enjoy it. 

Respected Contributor

It all stays up until January 6th.  Christmas season isn't over  until then.  We have Christmas, then my birthday today and the New Years.  I enjoy seeing all the decorations, especially the tree with the colored lights.

Honored Contributor

I never put one up. My creche stays up until after Epiphany

Honored Contributor

My small fake tree is down.

Respected Contributor

All will come down gradually after January 5th.   No rush, we don't decorate until second week in December.

Trusted Contributor

i took mine down on thursday.  i have a very small front room and i needed the spapce.  kirby likes to sit on the back of the couch and look out.  he isa good watchdog and so i wanted him to be able to keep an eye on things

Honored Contributor

Our Christmas decor always remains up until after January 7th, which is Christmas for Orthodox Christians.  My husband is orthodox,

Almost everyone in my area does the same.  It has been this way for as long as I can remember. My parents always did the same.

Super Contributor

I took down my large tree Xmas morning and will be giving it to friends. replaced with a smaller, faux tree I bought mid December. I put the new tree up and decorated it in a woodland theme. it has all white lights; lit it up Xmas night. love it. 

put away all santas, left out all snowmen and winter themed items. its dark, dreary in January, so I am leaving my tree and winter things up thru all of January. I changed colored deck lights to twinkling white to add 'snow' for the winter theme. 

one of my condo neighbors leaves hers up till March. I think that's a little long since her tree is multi-colored lights, but she lives in a lower, darker unit, so I get it.

February, everything goes RED, my favorite decor color. 

I change out my inside, front porch and deck every season/holiday even 'just for me'.