Respected Contributor

Re: When is the last time you tried something new?

I just ripped out5 inches of knitted lace from a new -to-me pattern.

I'll start over and begin a pair of socks. I could use a new winter pair.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@just bee  Haven't had any ice cream since my diagnosis with diabetes many years ago. But Cold Stone sounds really good! We hit 101 today. I may give ice cream a try. Thanks for the reminder it even exists. Smiley Happy

What did you think of the tongue taco?

My MIL used to fix tongue (beef) periodically, but she never told my BIL what it was. She told him it was roast beef. I was horrified that she would lie to him about anything. After they retired to Arkansas, my husband finally told his brother what that "weird roast beef" really was. By then his brother was already estranged from their parents and it just reinforced his decision! (We never had the nerve to stay for dinner when she served tongue, but I always asked my BIL to have dinner with us!)

Cold Stone tomorrow! Smiley Happy

@BirkiLady

I have never had a tongue taco but my mother made tongue sandwiches and we all loved them.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I usually ignore cranky people but my NEW approach is to treat them extra kindly.This is really difficult sometimes for me and for them.

@dex

This is brave! And very kind. I've actually seen it change the situation. And I've seen it backfire too. But I certainly think you are doing something that will make the world a better place. Thank you for doing it!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@BirkiLady

I took adult ballet for two years and loved it.

However, the teacher would mix adults with children in her classes and it just didn't work for me after a while.

Of course, the children were limber as noodles and could do all the moves without effort.

After I realized I no longer enjoyed myself, I left.  But would love to try again if I can find an adult class only.

I would think this to be such a learning experience and such a good example for the kids. They get to see that you are never too old to do certain things, get to learn something from their elders (and it may be nothing at all about actual ballet), and let's them have interaction and something in common with people outside their age group, in a way that isn't about the adults always being in control or knowing more/better. 

Kudos to that teacher for having such a class.

Valued Contributor

@brewhaha

If only I could outsmart my dog......

Respected Contributor

New is always exciting to put the pep in your step.

Respected Contributor

Tell your self what I tell my husband when he does that ", Slow Down The World Will Still Be There When You Get To Where Your Going" !!

Honored Contributor

@Elri  wrote:

@brewhaha

If only I could outsmart my dog......

@Elri

My neighbor recently got a chihuahua. A few days ago I saw it standing on the tile wall that separates our properties and it acts very aggressively. This morning I saw it in our yard. Now I'm trying to come up with a solution to keep it out of our yard short of putting up a fence. I think the first thing I should do is talk to the neighbor about tying the dog up. I'm also considering getting an ultrasonic bark control device to stop barking.

Honored Contributor

I'm in a rut.  I haven't tried anything new in eons.

Valued Contributor

They should keep the little dog inside.  Or, they should be outside with their dog.   The chihuahuas are so small and when they get out in the BIG world, they go nuts.  Almost as if to say, "Hey, I'm standing my ground just in case you don't notice me--and do not come near me."  

Little dogs bark as a protection mechanism, I think.  But then, you might just have a mean little cuss as a neighbor.... lol    I hope it works out okay for you.