Honored Contributor

Re: When is the last time you tried something new?

@BirkiLady wrote:

Ballet lessons. Haven't taken them since my youth through early 20's. Love the graceful moves.

I love ballet, good luck with that.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreeSooo what color did you choose?

Honored Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

We took a trip to Door County and talked to many new people (we were on our motorcycle).  People you meet are the best part of a cruising trip!  And every single one was friendly!

I'm looking forward to going there in July, stopping at a lavender farm and many other places. It is beautiful, the wineries and markets are great, not to mention the cherries. 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady

Okay, I have a verdict on the lengua taco.

My policy is to try almost anything at least once.  I tried tripe in the late '70s and have successfully avoided it ever since.

Lengua -- er, tongue -- has officially been tried.  With tripe I do not recall a particular flavor, only a texture.  A very unpleasant texture.

Tongue is dangerously close to having a texture issue.  I kept thinking: Is this a taco or a French kiss?

I don't want my meals interrupted by such thoughts.  The lengua was flavorful (they tried to disguise the fact that it was tongue with lots of spices) but it was what it was.

I've tried it, but once was probably enough.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee  Love your review! I have the same feelings about tripe BTW. Like you, our family is usually good to go with trying anything once, even twice.

However, we didn't partake of the "weird roast beef" at my in-laws because I couldn't wrap my head around eating something that had tasted other things! My husband couldn't imagine eating a cow's taste buds! I completed "get" your texture issue without even trying it! However, I'm glad the spices were delicious. Love a good taco. So kind of you to let me know. I was really curious. Thanks for an honest review.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@just bee  Love your review! I have the same feelings about tripe BTW. Like you, our family is usually good to go with trying anything once, even twice.

However, we didn't partake of the "weird roast beef" at my in-laws because I couldn't wrap my head around eating something that had tasted other things! My husband couldn't imagine eating a cow's taste buds! I completed "get" your texture issue without even trying it! However, I'm glad the spices were delicious. Love a good taco. So kind of you to let me know. I was really curious. Thanks for an honest review.  

@BirkiLady

Well, you've probably heard the old line: "Why would I want to taste anything that's tasting me back?" Woman Tongue

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I am revamping a neighborhood annual celebration........lots of work. I am enjoying it.

Esteemed Contributor

@tarsmom Is the lavendar farm you mentioned on Washington Island? Door Co is something special to my family - a lovely getaway. Enjoy your next trip. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I've tried a lot of makeup and personal care items a beautiful friend sent me!  Some of the best eyeliner was Mally for the top and Laura Geller for the bottom.  Joan Rivers for filling the brow is awesome!  My makeup has been SO much the better!Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@tarsmom Is the lavendar farm you mentioned on Washington Island? Door Co is something special to my family - a lovely getaway. Enjoy your next trip. 

=======

@RetRN, I think you can answer this for @jeanlake.