Honored Contributor

Re: When is the last time you tried something new?

@Newgate

Boy do I hear ya!  I resolved to slow down a little this summer.  I don't know why I'm always rushing around. On my morning walk yesterday, I nearly stepped on this beautiful little snail.  I stopped and watched him for a while, even took a video of him.  I think he was placed in my path to remind me to slow down.

IMG_7114.JPG

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee  Haven't had any ice cream since my diagnosis with diabetes many years ago. But Cold Stone sounds really good! We hit 101 today. I may give ice cream a try. Thanks for the reminder it even exists. Smiley Happy

What did you think of the tongue taco?

My MIL used to fix tongue (beef) periodically, but she never told my BIL what it was. She told him it was roast beef. I was horrified that she would lie to him about anything. After they retired to Arkansas, my husband finally told his brother what that "weird roast beef" really was. By then his brother was already estranged from their parents and it just reinforced his decision! (We never had the nerve to stay for dinner when she served tongue, but I always asked my BIL to have dinner with us!)

Cold Stone tomorrow! Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady

Good for you and your friend!

I loved the slow, deliberate movements and the concentration

Barre work is all the rage now and really good for staying balanced and limber.

Yes, the chidlren were intimidating.  Once you see them moving so easily, then see yourself lurching around (in the mirrors) it takes the joy out of it.

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@just bee  Haven't had any ice cream since my diagnosis with diabetes many years ago. But Cold Stone sounds really good! We hit 101 today. I may give ice cream a try. Thanks for the reminder it even exists. Smiley Happy

What did you think of the tongue taco?

My MIL used to fix tongue (beef) periodically, but she never told my BIL what it was. She told him it was roast beef. I was horrified that she would lie to him about anything. After they retired to Arkansas, my husband finally told his brother what that "weird roast beef" really was. By then his brother was already estranged from their parents and it just reinforced his decision! (We never had the nerve to stay for dinner when she served tongue, but I always asked my BIL to have dinner with us!)

Cold Stone tomorrow! Smiley Happy

@BirkiLady

I haven't had a chance to tackle the tacos yet, but when I do I'll let you know. 

Maybe a shower first...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman  Doubt that any of us are balanced or limber, but we're having a good workout, a lot of fun, great exercise and meeting new like-minded women! It's a good group with lots of laughter and giggles. Sometimes, we loose those giggles as we age. This is a unique group of women and it's fun to be around each of them. Don't know much about anyone, yet.

We're still in the awkward stages of ballet and struggling to remember the basic poses. In our minds we are so graceful!!  Not in the mirrors . . . we're in tees, shorts and beginning white ballet shoes. (A couple women wear tights.) We are not a pretty sight! My middle-age neighbor must go home an laugh hysterically at us and what comes out of our mouths. Someday, she'll understand being our age, forgetful, dizzy and uncoordinated!! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

We took a trip to Door County and talked to many new people (we were on our motorcycle).  People you meet are the best part of a cruising trip!  And every single one was friendly!

Esteemed Contributor

Today I prepared hominy for DH.  It is not a staple in our house (he liked it).

I also decided to not feel empathetic to those that I challenged regarding lifestyle/work issues.  I am confident that my positions represent me, and that is OK.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Deb665 wrote:

I bought a Cricut machine and have been taking online classes to learn how to use it!  Really excited about what can be done using this cutting device.

love the questions!

@Deb665 . I have an original Cricut (with cartridges) and a new Silhouette which is similar to a Cricut and love it!  It's amazing what you can do with it!

Regular Contributor

Today was my first day volunteering at a House Rabbit rescue.  It is very rewarding and very challenging.  It is hard work to provide care for all those beautiful bunnies.  Also sad that people buy bunnies without understanding the time involved and then abandon them. This wonderful organization gives them a safe home, food and the opportunity to be adopted.  I hope I continue to have the stamina to volunteer, it is really rewarding.

Honored Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

We took a trip to Door County and talked to many new people (we were on our motorcycle).  People you meet are the best part of a cruising trip!  And every single one was friendly!

======

Ah, Door County is a piece of heaven @tarsmom.