Honored Contributor

Re: When is the last time you tried something new?

I don't know but fairly often.  I'm not one of those women who is stuck in a time warp.  I'm getting a mani pedi this afternoon and I'll go with a color that is outside my comfort zone.  

Esteemed Contributor

Ballet lessons. Haven't taken them since my youth through early 20's. Love the graceful moves.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

After being retired 4 years, went back to work 5/29 in a totally different field 

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this qualifies or not.

I have a vegetable garden. When there isn't any plants growing, there are a lot of exposed dirt. The neighborhood cats use this as their personal restroom. I've tried several methods like coffee grounds and citrus rinds that did not work. One day I was thinking I never see the cats poop where I just planted something. You would think this would be ideal for them because the dirt is soft and there are no obstacles.. Then it dawned on me that's because I water it in the late afternoon so it is moist over night when they come around. So I started watering the dirt area as well. And it worked.

Fast forward to two months ago. After watering the dirt for the last several years, I was thinking what a waste of water. So I thought about placing a barrier on the ground. I happened to have those orange plastic safety fencing in the shed. So I laid them on the ground and so far so good.

Esteemed Contributor

House cat, I like your questions. Recently a group took the trolley to big, KC farmer's market and ate at Ethiopian restaurant. Our plans began with.... let's do something different. I'm thinking about non-credit art classes at community college nearby. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Something?  Really!  Now for me that could get very, very personal, unless this "saying"(?) is more specific. 

hn

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady

I took adult ballet for two years and loved it.

However, the teacher would mix adults with children in her classes and it just didn't work for me after a while.

Of course, the children were limber as noodles and could do all the moves without effort.

After I realized I no longer enjoyed myself, I left.  But would love to try again if I can find an adult class only.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman  Children would intimidate me! A middle-age neighbor teaches ballroom dance to couples, but she is also a fan of ballet. For years, she and I have toyed with the idea of offering ballet to older women. This year she finally decided to install a few barres in her studio and see if there was an interest. So far, so good! We'll see how many stay with it. Everyone seems to be having fun.  I'm having the time of my life and the exercise if fabulous!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Today. 

I haven't had an ice cream cone in the longest time so when Better-half said that we should put the dog in the truck, go for a ride and that I should go into Cold Stone Creamery and get some ice cream, I didn't object.

It's been years since I've been inside a Cold Stone so I ordered a double scoop: My usual (Sweet Cream) and one I hadn't tried before.

Banana.

Then Better-half brought home some tacos and I tasted a piece of the lengua.

I don't think I've ever eaten a tongue taco.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

It has been a long time since I have tried anything new but just recently my new thing I am trying is to slow down around the house!  The other day I almost took a fall in my kitchen when I turned too fast and my body turned and my feet didn't.  I did catch myself but it could have been bad.

I rush around doing things and I don't know why!  Even when I get up from a chair I sort of fly out instead of rising slowly like I should at my age!!   I hope I can change!Woman Wink