Honored Contributor

When is the last time you tried something new?

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 6.55.45 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: When is the last time you tried something new?

I tried Thai food....really too spicy for me, but happy, I gave something new a try.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've been learning to speak Spanish.

Before that, it was probably two years ago when I learned to crochet.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

In what way? A new food? A new soap? A new sewing technique? 

I am in the process of making a new table runner using a quilting technique where you quilt as you assemble it. I love the pattern - a chevron , but not too crazy about how the underside looks. Fine for a tablerunner where it won't be seen but I wouldn't use it for an actual quilt.

Honored Contributor

Gee ... that's a wide open question!  In what category?

Depending on category ... I would say just about every day.

Yesterday - I tried a NEW tuna salad recipe.  BTW - it was delicious.  I substituted mild chopped chili peppers in place of peas and chopped the cabbage and celery smaller than usual.

Today ... I'm using a NEW crochet stitch and NEW pattern and NEW yarn for my NEW shrug.

Tomorrow - I'm planning on using  NEW sausage and kraut recipe.

Honored Contributor

As of late, I'm considering maybe getting involved in our Senior Center.  I'm seeking ways to increase my being more sociable, getting more involved with others.  I'm missing that being retired.  I always had a lot of people contact in the jobs I've had.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA

@151949

I came across this list of 365 questions on Pinterest.  That's where I've gotten the questions that I've been posting the last three or four days.

I like that they're open ended. It will be interesting to see how differently we each interpret them.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

I bought a Cricut machine and have been taking online classes to learn how to use it!  Really excited about what can be done using this cutting device.

love the questions!

Honored Contributor

I usually ignore cranky people but my NEW approach is to treat them extra kindly.This is really difficult sometimes for me and for them.

Honored Contributor

I try for every day, but at least every week we try a new food, spice, place to eat, read something new, get a new book or magazine.   I have always been about not getting in a rut.  Learning, trying or seeing something new every day is what it's all about for me.