Valued Contributor

When fall comes to the country...

[ Edited ]

It is hard not to feel the creators plan for joy when living in the country.

The air is filled with beautiful smells, oak and Walnut trees give off that spicy smell,the birds sing so sweetly ,I imagine this will be what heaven  has in store .

It makes the feeling of love intensify, love of nature ,family and life....

The impending winter will bring renewel,it reminds me,while life ,strength is gaining unseen, it is building ,much like human growth,it happens while we aren't watching.

I am reminded of my friends here, such strength I get from reading your posts, thank you for sharing your life with me, and especially letting me pray for you.I think of you all often,even if I am not here as much,please know that you are thought of with love...I am hoping your days are filled with promise,that your hopes are fulfilled,your days sweet with joy....Fall is amazing here , and more so because of you...Sending you light ,prayers and love,hugs...Maryanne

Respected Contributor

Re: When fall comes to the country...

Maryann, what a beautiful post you put on here for all of us. Always know that I keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that things are going much better for you. Your so correct about the fall season every thing takes on a different smell and feel outdoors. Hope that you enjoy a beautiful fall with the different temperatures and colored leaves as we watch them change and get readdy for the snow to fall. Have a really nice day Maryanne

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sending us such a beautiful message and always the special reminders about how to see the joys of life.You my friend are one of the beautiful,special and most grateful people on earth.I hope you are healing well and will be ready for the spring flowers and joys that you love to post here about....take care and please be well.

Respected Contributor

@Still keeper of the koiThank you for reminding me to be mindful of the wonders around us.  We must but be still and look and be grateful.  i hope your days are blessed.

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful post, I think of you quite often,

Image result for sending hugs to you animated images

Trusted Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi.   As always thank you for your wonderful inspirational  words.  I always look forward to hearing from you.   One of the joys of retirement is being able to relax and enjoy the wonders of the world around us without watching a clock.  Even in winter I can bundle up on a sunny day and sit outside and listen to the sounds in my woods and enjoy the beauty of the season.   

I live in the country with walnut trees all around my house.  I have to mow this weekend and I will remember to take extra time to really enjoy the smells around me.   I have to raise my mower deck so I just nick the tops of the walnuts so they are easier for the deer and squirrels.  When the yard becomes quiet again they will come from the woods to investigate the new stronger smells.  I will try not to grumble when the loud thumps of nuts falling on my bedroom roof wake me up.  ;-).  Those same trees have allowed my family to enjoy swinging in our hammock for 50+ years.  My hammock season has ended and all is waiting for spring.  It's amazing what you can hear at night if you lay quietly and listen.  Many animals are there enjoying the quiet with you.

Respected Contributor

A very lovely post, so full of gratitude and joy. A pleasure to read. Thank you for the gift of your words full of love and grace.

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi

I always enjoy your posts.  You remind me of what is really important in life when I have a tendency to let the superficial overwhelm me.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy fall time of the year.  The colors are so vibrant and cool-crisp feel to the air always is welcome after the humidity of the summer.

Fall also reminds me the days are getting shorter and cold of winter isn't far behind.

I wish I would have a jar I could capture a few days of fall to keep on my special shelf. When days are to humid-hot during summer I could open up my jar and help me remember the cool-crisp air of autumn, and when winter is long, open up my special jar to give me rememberence of fall.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gram W wrote:

@Still keeper of the koi.   As always thank you for your wonderful inspirational  words.  I always look forward to hearing from you.   One of the joys of retirement is being able to relax and enjoy the wonders of the world around us without watching a clock.  Even in winter I can bundle up on a sunny day and sit outside and listen to the sounds in my woods and enjoy the beauty of the season.   

I live in the country with walnut trees all around my house.  I have to mow this weekend and I will remember to take extra time to really enjoy the smells around me.   I have to raise my mower deck so I just nick the tops of the walnuts so they are easier for the deer and squirrels.  When the yard becomes quiet again they will come from the woods to investigate the new stronger smells.  I will try not to grumble when the loud thumps of nuts falling on my bedroom roof wake me up.  ;-).  Those same trees have allowed my family to enjoy swinging in our hammock for 50+ years.  My hammock season has ended and all is waiting for spring.  It's amazing what you can hear at night if you lay quietly and listen.  Many animals are there enjoying the quiet with you.

Agree with Keeper's post and this one.  I used to live in the country and I had to laugh bc whenever fall came I had to be very careful.  Although I had a riding mower to cut the yard, I had to be very careful when I walked around bc if I stepped wrong my foot would roll over a walnut and I'd be on the ground - on my butt! 

My friends that lived in the burbs and more urban areas never could understand why I loved it in the country.  I told them it was hard to explain and two things I knew for sure it was so peaceful there - - when nightfall came there was no dark and no quiet like in the country  There were no street lights and our homes were set back from the country roads so we didn't have to hear the loud bass coming from car/truck radios.  I'm in the burbs and its quiet here in an over 55 community bc we are all of a "mature age"  - ha ha!