Honored Contributor

Re: When are vendors allowed back in studio?

@ECBG wrote:

It would seem, if half a classroom can be assembled, in different schools, vendors could return.

@ECBG  As some other posters have said, the problem for many vendors would be flying. Flying now is even worse than it ever was. If I was a vendor and had to fly to get to the studio I wouldn't do it.

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed. It seems a little odd to be watching from their home on a computer. Why can't they stand 6 feet apart like the rest of the world? 

Trusted Contributor

They can't stand 6 feet apart like the rest of the world because A) the rest of the world isn't doing that,which explains why we are still dealing with this and B) most of them would have to fly to get there and flying before Covid was gross (ok apparently that is my word for the day) it is even more gross and dangerous now.

Not to mention without paying for their Travel this should be saving QVC a ton of money.  While they still have to pay for their air time (not sure who gets paid out of what pot) but the travel costs incurred by the product reps has to be staggering.

Just have the hosts learn their products and to me anyway, Problem SOLVED

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

Agreed. It seems a little odd to be watching from their home on a computer. Why can't they stand 6 feet apart like the rest of the world? 

@Effie54  Because most of them have to fly to get there. Airport new rules, plane rules, some planes fly full...no 6feet. Most of the vendors don't live next door to QVC.

@Miss Pepsi  You beat me to it!

Super Contributor

It is not about when anyone FEELS READY for vendors to return. It is about us, as a country, defeating the spread of this virus and accomplishing -- and supporting -- effective vaccines and therapy for Covid-19. UNTIL THEN, we all must sacrifice what we just plain ole FEEL READY for. Self-centered druthers have no place in our current surreal life. 

Trusted Contributor

Personally, i only care wnen the product needs a detailed demonstration and the vendor doesnt have adequate technology to do it remotely,

However, i only watch videos of items im interested in, and not whole shows, so it might make adifference for tv viewers.

Honored Contributor

I don't like they way they do it now, remotely.  Some do it well enough but some vendors/designers are awful at it.  They contribute nothing, they just get in the way of the host.  This Covid way of life isn't going away anytime soon.  Even with a vaccine, things won't change for several years.  I hate saying it but this is the new reality for now.

Trusted Contributor

One thing that bugs me a bit with the vendors at home and the host in the studio, is that they sometimes talk over each other (since there is a delay), but I am sure they are doing the best they can, and the vendors probably have to do their "gig" from home in order to get paid.  Just my humble ideas and feelings!  

And I am ready for my favorite restaurant to reopen!  I will still be afraid to go in there for a few weeks though.  Everyone stay safe!

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@gejordan wrote:
I’m ready for vendors to get back in studio!

@gejordan 

And I'm ready for the ice rink to open!

hckynut(john)

It's hard to believe, that after all these years, you don't have one in your backyard! then you would be totally in charge and everyone could come to you. We need more things to open up too, here in Michigan. take care.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the novelty of vendors joining the conversation via Skype, Zoom, or whatever has worn off and has even become somewhat annoying, especialy when the connection isn't the best. Maybe Q can cut them out altogether.