Honored Contributor

Re: When a relative keeps insulting

Good heavens, why don't you just not see her or talk to her.  Solution seems simple to me and easy since you're no longer related. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't think I'd give a rat's pattotie what she said. You just got a 6 figure gift and you're worried what this woman thinks. Just say, whatevs, and enjoy your gift. 

Honored Contributor

Sheesh...........I thought this was about something "serious".    I can tell you one thing:    I WAS INSULTED when a 500 lb relative of mine called me a "runt".........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Does she bring it up on her own or only comment on it when you bring it up?  I'm assuming this is to do with your husband's inheritance.  

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003

There is also another thread going about a similar situation and just about everyone said don't say anything ... let it go.  

So, just to be different, I'm going to suggest you diplomatically stand up for yourself!    People make condescending remarks repeatedly because they can get away with it.   No one says anything, so the passive aggressive behavior continues.   So maybe it's time to stop taking this person's kwap, and stand up for yourself.  What's the worst that can happen .... she stops talking to you?   Oh, wouldn't that be a shame.   Boo hoo.     Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

What some consider an insult, I do not. To me it's just someone talking, but saying nothing. If they were annoying me directly?  I would not hesitate to speak up. Friend/relative or acquaintance, all treated the same.

hckhnut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would calmly say "I don't like when you say that".........and say no more.

If she apologises....good....if she gets all uppity and argues.....I would do what a previous poster said and keep her at a distance....

Honored Contributor

stop making yourself available

Honored Contributor

It might be small to her but not to you.  Or she might be embarrassed by the amount.  Either way, it's none of your business so don't say anything.

Honored Contributor

How did she know you recieved the gift of  6 figures?

This is good for you, because you can help your dd  with it.