Esteemed Contributor

Re: When a Friend Ignores You

I would just email her and say something like: Since I haven't heard from u over the last few days, just checkin on you. Is everything OK?

Don't explain, try to figure it out --- a direct, brief email is sufficient.

I've been hurt by a few women friends and after a brief time, I adjust.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox - Bazinga!

Stories/themes the same. No originality, uses the same/similar scenarios. Will keep spinning as long as people keep feeding.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I can only assume this some type of joke.  You haven't heard from her in 2 days and you're all bent out of shape?  There's either more to the story that you have chosen to to share or this isn't a real situation.  No one would ever assume that someone we haven't heard from who hear from every days is angry with us unless... we know we gave that person reason to be angry.  Most of us would WORRY that perhaps our friend is ill or has had some type of emergency...which apparently didn't cross your mind.  Not exactly the way a friend would think.  I assume you don't live near each other but if that mutual friend does, perhaps she can check on your friend.  

Exactly.  It's immature and selfish to instantly jump to "I'm being ignored".  Friends care about each other.  Or should.

Btw, I don't know if this whole thing is for real or not.  But it could be, maybe a different version, or maybe someone reading is in a similar situation.  So sometimes I like to offer advice even if I feel the whole thing's not on the up-and-up.  I would rather try to be helpful and be played than not reach out to someone who might actually be in need.  That's my comfort level.

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Ladygray wrote:

Well, we normally communicate daily.    Also, if I don't respond immediately to her e-mails or texts, she's all over me... the last time that happened she texted, "I guess you didn't care for my e-mail, oh well, have a good weekend."   Within minutes, she texted, "I guess you didn't care for my text either."  

When I told her I'm responding to her e-mail, but I need time to gather my thoughts, an hour later she writes, "Did you fall asleep at the computer?"

She sounds needy and immature to me. And like she needs a lot of attention.

I think they both sound needy and immature.

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely agree that she does not seem to,have given a single thought that maybe her friend is sick and not able to text or E mail.  HOwever she expresses no concern about that possibility.  No it is all about her and her hurt feelings.. God protect me from "friends" like that?

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I absolutely agree that she does not seem to,have given a single thought that maybe her friend is sick and not able to text or E mail.  HOwever she expresses no concern about that possibility.  No it is all about her and her hurt feelings.. God protect me from "friends" like that?

I agree.  She prematurely jumped to the conclusion that she's being ignored, and then put all the blame on her friend.

I can't get past the part where she said she knew nothing was wrong because she had seen her friend a few days ago.  Really?  Life can change in an instant.  I thought everyone knew that.

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray,   What ever happened to picking up the phone and calling her and telling her you sent a few emails and she has not replied.  Is everything okay?  This texting and emailing is an easy way out.  Face it head on and talk to her.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

What  @Katcat1  said. 

Call her. 

Voice beats letters strung together, every time.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Whenever this person posts, in whatever incarnation, it's always all about her and her hurt feelings. Every.time. That was another tip-off. It's always poor her.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I would feel suffocated if someone had to text me everyday. (and they expect me to do it back quickly)  I could see if you have a elderly/ill person and you need to check on them, I understand that situation. In the Op's situation maybe the two of you need a break. It might be healthy.