Honored Contributor

Re: When Your Schedule Is Busy.....

If I can snag 6 hours I'm good to go, occasionally get 7 hrs!  I have never been great at sleeping and neither was my father.  My husband can drop off and sleep through anything. 

I am not a morning person, but can stay up most of the night with no problem.  I often get up at night and read awhile. I did this as a little kid and just played before I could read!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

At no point in my whole life did I ever sleep 9 hours a night.  I wake up naturally at 6am regardless of what time I went to bed.  When I had young kids, I was up at 5am.  I usually go to bed at 11pm, drift off at 11:30ish.  

Respected Contributor

I've always been told that the older you get the less sleep you need.

I've found the opposite to be true. When I worked, there were many nights I got 4 or 5 hours; 6 at the most. 

Now that I'm retired, I try and get 7 hours of sleep; when I get close to 8 I feel the best...

Esteemed Contributor

I usually can't sleep for more than 5 hours.  I do find I need less sleep as I've gotten older.    

Valued Contributor

I love to sleep and try to get at least 8 hours a day.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always prioritize sleep.  I try to at least get 7.  At least. On those days, I will squeeze in a 20 min cat nap and still try to go bed early that night.  I prefer to get 9 or 10.  I am a good sleeper, too.  I might wake up, but that's mostly cause my cat will step right on my throat  LOL  he likes to snuggle on top of me..  

Valued Contributor

I'm lucky to get 6-7 hours of sleep and then I'm up a couple times for bathroom runs. If I get 9 hours of straight sleep I'd probably be in a coma. Lol

Regular Contributor

Now that I'm retired, I prioritize sleep for both my physical and emotional well being. My phone goes on "do not disturb' from 9:30 PM to 6:30 AM, with the goal that I will sleep for 8 hours somewhere in that time frame. I'm pretty consistently sleeping from 10:00 PM to 6:30AM. Since I've been at my beach place for the past few days, the sound of the waves, along with later sunrise has added another hour of sleep. 

When I was working 80+ hours a week and traveling 60% of the time, I was lucky to get in 5 hours a night. I'm much happier and healthier now. 

~Not a new poster, never been banned. Every time I take a break, I have to re-register for some reason~
Trusted Contributor

Depends. I will only sleep 5 or 6 hours if life is stressful. If, mental-health wise is fine, 7 or 8 hours.

Frequently, If I wake up at 1 or 2 AM it's because I am having a panic attack. Sometimes, I can soothe myself back to sleep. Often, I cannot, so I will get up, which is better than lying, heart pounding in bed.

Valued Contributor

9 Hours is always best for me, I get up refreshed and ready to go -

Anything less and I don't feel right.

Been like that my whole life, and people have told me that I sleep like the dead, without moving for hours!