Honored Contributor

Re: When You walk into someone's home for the first time....

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Done with this post....these are contractor's coming over to apparently give a bid on outside work to the OPs home. To the OP - be very careful about what you agree to. This is not a social visit.

@jannabelle1    Oh please! That is just a silly thing to make up. Farthest thing from the truth. But YOU  have a blessed Sunday! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden, why do you keep calling them "guests"

People are giving you advice as if you are having guests to your home for a social visit.  These are contractors.

Honored Contributor

@Bri63 wrote:

@SeaMaiden, why do you keep calling them "guests"

People are giving you advice as if you are having guests to your home for a social visit.  These are contractors.

@Bri63  Please  read my other two posts to explain. Have a blessed Sunday.

Honored Contributor

To all posters jaded by a few posters implications making up storys about my visitors..... 

These are not contractors.   These are visitors and guests.  I am not going to go into detail right now, as I feel hurt by those who are slaming me for asking for suggestions on how to be a gratious hostess..... and turning my thread into  hurtful lies.

Everyone have a blessed Day today and Thanks to those who were so helpful to me.  I will let you in on the good news very soon. 

Valued Contributor

Post #101 said they're coming over to show you what your home will look like after work has been done.

I think that's why people are calling them contractors.  

I don't understand the hostility...

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaidenFrom this thread and the other, it sounds like you don't know these people...whoever they are.  Please, be very, very careful.  

Practice these phrases while you wait:

Let me think about that.

Let me get back to you.

This is taking longer than I thought and I have friends coming over shortly.  Why don't you call me tomorrow and we can talk more.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Well, you have piqued my curiosity for sure, @SeaMaiden.  I wouldn’t spend the money on a coffee maker if you’ve gone all these years without one.  Water should be fine.   

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden ~

I don't care for company either.  But this is YOUR HOME.  Just vacuum & dust & declutter "ie" pile of magazines, etc.  Freshen up the bathroom that they will use while there. Spray some Fabreeze (if needed) and be done with it.  Please don't stress yourself out about what others think.  I know that is easier said than done.  Just be yourself,  because YOU are more than good enough.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey