Respected Contributor

Re: When You Look In The Mirror What Do You See?

• I see a 73 year old who is very unhappy with her recent weight gain.  But my hair looks good! 
Honored Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:

When You Look In The Mirror What Do You See?   Memories of good and bad times or just looking at a survivor of life.

@Vickiv  I see a combination of all of those things.  Good, bad and ugly. I have been fortunate to have lived  62 years . So many people die younger.  I am really grateful for all the good and try to dwell on that.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  I lurve you :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Like Bea Arthur said on the Golden Girls,"I looked in the rear view mirror and said,"who's that old woman"? Her mother asked, "well who was it"? Bea said,"it's me Ma". It amazes me how when we get older, women and men can't seem to come to terms with it. We always think we look better and younger than we do.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess I should answer my own question. What I see in the mirror someone who has went through so much in life just like everyone else. Yes I am old and so many people I love including my husband passed away. Wishing I had one minute of each person I lost just to tell them how much I love and miss them. I look in the mirror and I see a woman who is longing for the past to come back which never will. I look and I see my mother staring back at me but I am a survivor and I am still here at 76 years old. 

Thank you for all your posts I read them all and they are very inspiring.I guess I’m a little bit of each one of you looking in the mirror.

Esteemed Contributor

My dad's light blue/gray eyes. I have my mother's hands, which makes me smile. People say I'm pretty, but they don't look in my magnifying mirror -- oh, no... I see a fortunate woman.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I see all the moods, sides, possibilities, and ages of me.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

@jeanlake

My dermatologist told me that there oughta be a law against magnifying mirrors, LOL! She thinks we should all throw them out, hee hee.

Beautiful sentiment about seeing your parents looking back at you, though. I see the same, as well as a bit of two of my grandparents. 

I see someone who has been given life because of all of my ancestors' having fallen in love hundreds upon hundreds years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@AussieLuvr these light gray eyes have roots in NC - Graham and Swain Counties. Polk County for my mother. All my relatives originated in your lovely state. Enjoy spring. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I always say, I do total mirror avoidance. LOL.

I do do a lot of looking at a 10x mirror though.

I must say I will look more for my dear mother in the future.

@Vickiv  I want to thank you for such a wonderful topic.  So many beautiful responses here that have deeply touched me this evening.