Honored Contributor

Re: When/Why Did You Start Watching QVC?

@Diamonds22    I bought many, many products from the 50 In 50 Tour and don't remember any pins nor did I ever receive one.   I still use Mary Beth's cookbooks but didn't get pins for those either. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

About 12 years ago, I was looking for a new blender and I decided I wanted to buy a Vitamix.  So while searching online for places to buy a Vitamix, QVC came up and it had the best price at that time so that was my first order. I was still working full-time and I had never watched QVC before and even after that first purchase I did not start watching or buy anything else from QVC for two years. 

So when I retired a couple years later I happened to be scrolling through the channels during the day and found QVC and remembered my first purchase. I started watching to see what it was about and I was hooked. 😁

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Diamonds22    I bought many, many products from the 50 In 50 Tour and don't remember any pins nor did I ever receive one.   I still use Mary Beth's cookbooks but didn't get pins for those either. 

I thought everybody that bought something from 50/50 received a pin. I know 2 of my friends received pins so it must have been random.

Valued Contributor

I first found QVC in 1992 after getting my degree for Radiography and moving to an apartment across the street from Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago. There wasn't cable there but some type of free local city stations that I recall that I received on the TV. Shopping TV was totally new to me. I didn't have a car then so it was convenient to shop this way. My first purchase was a 14kt lavender Diamonique 5-stone band ring that I still have. 

Honored Contributor

It was sometime in the mid to late 1990s.  

It was a novelty ... lots of talk about "TV shopping channels."

Honored Contributor

Probably about 2005 or 2006, I was channel surfing and stopped to see what it was about. Laughed my head off, thought it was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen. I checked it out a few days later and then again and then again and before I knew it, Lisa Robertson had hooked me in. My first purchase was a prasiolite and silver ring.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Probably about 2005 or 2006, I was channel surfing and stopped to see what it was about. Laughed my head off, thought it was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen. I checked it out a few days later and then again and then again and before I knew it, Lisa Robertson had hooked me in. My first purchase was a prasiolite and silver ring.

I remember one thing Lisa Robertson got me to buy, early on.  It is a 14k gold and lapis bracelet.  I remember her saying (not verbatim) - if you don't pick this one up you'll be sorry later.    That didn't sell me, as I'm not that impressionable.  But I liked the bracelet and bought it.  I definitely was glad I did.  Smiley Happy  It's a very nice bracelet with the lapis links a curved long  rectangle with 14k gold caps and gold links between the lapis links.  It really is a nice bracelet.

Trusted Contributor

Early 90's when Desert Storm was on every channel & I finally got cable.

I loved Kathy Levine, bought her books, Richard Simmons, Joan Rivers,

Kenneth Jay Lane, Nolan Miller, Lisa R... Mostly I bought lots of gold & I wish I bought more at those prices.  I'm sure the first thing I bought was a gold bracelet.  Loved the good old days...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

Late 1980s when my last child was born. I left work for a few years. We'd flip between QVC and Sesame Street. I ordered Sport Savvy as first purchase.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I really don't remember but, it was around when my age 40 something children were in high school.  Actually, I started off w/Home Shopping Club.  Now sure how or why I started watching QVC.

I do remember with both you had to be a card carrying member w/a number that you had to use when you called as I had membership cards for both.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif