Respected Contributor

Re: When/Why Did You Start Watching QVC?

Well for me it was 2006. I was recovering from carpal tunnel surgery (work comp) I was lying in bed flipping  channels and came across QVC. The first thing I bought was some kind of curtain rod for my living room  that I had never seen before.  I don't even have it anymore

Super Contributor

I think it is 1995 just as they were starting to do the 50/50 Tour. They had a big bus & they presented vendors from each state to showcase their products. That is how Quacker Factory got started. I remember I bought something from each state & also they sent a pin of the state that the product represented. I acquired all 50 pins & attended the top 10 products that presented in Washington,D. C. I got a t-shirt saying 50/50 tour & got autographs on the shirt & then I put all 50 pins on that t-shirt. That is where I got Mary Beth to autograph her cookbook.

I remember Paul Kelley would state on air if he really liked a product he would say "Dad buy this".

I wish they would do this again which they could update the tour. By doing this they made a lot of small vendors rich. That is how Quacker Factory got started. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I 'discovered' QVC in 2004 when I was home recovering from lung cancer surgery. My 1st purchase was a Lee Sands eelskin wallet...the large one with the change purse attached and a place for a checkbook.

Super Contributor

Not sure, but it was after we moved to Florida in 2001. I watch to see if any new fashion I'd like was showing. Back then there was indeed more leather clothing, skirts, dresses, pants. Alas, not much these days. 

Super Contributor

@Diamonds22 wrote:

I think it is 1995 just as they were starting to do the 50/50 Tour. They had a big bus & they presented vendors from each state to showcase their products. That is how Quacker Factory got started. I remember I bought something from each state & also they sent a pin of the state that the product represented. I acquired all 50 pins & attended the top 10 products that presented in Washington,D. C. I got a t-shirt saying 50/50 tour & got autographs on the shirt & then I put all 50 pins on that t-shirt. I still have the t-shirt. That is where I got Mary Beth to autograph her cookbook.

I remember Paul Kelley would state on air if he really liked a product he would say "Dad buy this".

I wish they would do this again which they could update the tour. By doing this they made a lot of small vendors rich. 

Trusted Contributor

I was a little late to the party. My sister and my dear friend Sue ( God rest her soul ) kept telling me to check out the Q, and I kept saying I wasn't really interested. About seven years ago I checked it out and have been checking it out ever since. I was always a shop in person kind of girl. My first purchase was a Steel by Design watch. My first clothing purchase was two IM cotton tunics. Still have them, still wear them. The watch I kind of destroyed at work. It wasn't worth the money to get it fixed. But it held up very well until that happened.

Esteemed Contributor

My first purchase was a Christmas tree sold by David V. in October of 2001.  I had recently been diagnosed with CIDP & was bed/wheelchair bound.  It saved my sanity and I ordered quite a few things.  Fast forward & after 3 years, I was able to do almost everything that I want to.  I thank God everyday that I can get out of bed and walk.

Super Contributor

Sorry for the double posting. I was trying to correct a mistake.

Honored Contributor

1999.  I don't know why - because it was there?  Smiley Very Happy

Back then I also watched ValueVision, which sold amazing fine jewelry and loose gemstones.   Also, back then, QVC sold some pretty nice fine jewelry and I got a number of pieces here.   Now that they pretty much only sell costume, I don't watch jewelry shows anymore.  

I remember how it was kind of exciting seeing all those products on my tv and buying them.   I never went totally crazy on my buying but I bought plenty for a while.  

Honored Contributor

I first watched HSN, then QVC.  My house had been burglarized and I wanted to replace a few pieces if jewelry.  Ha!  Thousands of dollars later, I don't even look at jewelry any longer. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment