Respected Contributor

Re: When/Where Did You Meet Your BFF?

i agree @Caligurll

there's nothing like our bff's.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@nana59My deepest sympathies to you on the loss of your best friend. They can't be replaced, but they make us better people for having known them, IMHO.

Thank you for your kind words.

Respected Contributor

My best friend is my husband. We met in our senior year in college. Best thing that ever happened to me-- and I wasn't even looking! 

My best friend from school years died a couple of years ago, and I still miss her. We met on the soccer field in 8th grade.

Esteemed Contributor

I met my first BFF in 3rd grade.We were like sisters until 8 years ago when she died suddenly of a heart attack.I think of her often & miss her terribly!!

My best friend in life is my wonderful husband of 36 years.I met him on my first day of work, on my first job, right out of college!! I feel so lucky that the love of my life is also my best friend!!

Esteemed Contributor

I met my BFF in 1960 when we started first grade together. We went through  grade school together and she moved after eight grade. We've kept in touch all this time.

Esteemed Contributor

When I was attending college. My roomate we liked each other from the start. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't really have a single BFF but a group of us worked together  a long time ago and we have stayed close friends since through a lot together. Marriages, widowhood, illnesses,children, loss of parents - all the things that make up everyone's lives.There are 6 of us.1 widowed, 3 married and 2 single. 2 of us are retired - the other 4 still working full time. 2 more will be retiring in about 2 years.The other 2 will never retire, unless they get sick. We care about each other closer than sisters, and we take care of each other. We know and accept each other faults & weaknesses. My DH says he & the 2 other husbands & one boyfriend understand this relationship & their place in it.

Honored Contributor

Our Moms were pregnant w/us when they moved next door to each other. Lot of years.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

We met in 1976 I think. Her now hubs worked with mine, building houses in WA state. They live in AZ now and we try to go visit a couple times a year.

Honored Contributor

My best friends have been my husband of 43 years and beloved pets we cared for. Best friends for me have come and gone for various reasons over my life time, but my DH is constant.