Honored Contributor

Re: When/Where Did You Meet Your BFF?

I met my BFF at the same time I met my DH, he is my BFF!  It was over 32 yrs ago, sitting outside the laundry room at the same apts. we both lived at one Saturday morning!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

When I was 15 months old, I met my BFF the day my parents brought my sister home from the hospital.  That was well over 60 years ago.  Friendships have come and gone through the years, but this is the one constant.  We can talk nonstop and laugh about all the same things.  We share a history, parents, and family stories.  That is priceless to me.

Of course, my DH is my BFF and ever.......We share a whole different history of memories......that is priceless, too. 

And there is also my daughter.......a relationship that has evolved beautifully from mother / child  to  friends.  Of course, we are always the mother and child, but the dynamics change.

I have been blessed.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Caligurll

All of these stories make us realize how rare and precious these close connections are!

The first time I met my BFFs we were in college and all going out to a "rush" party at the same time. Her name was Mary and she was wearing purple Suede high heels! 

This may seem like "typical sorority chics" but I assure you this group was NOT! The 60's were just over and the library burners were gone! However, one didn't dare let a prof see their sorority ring.

We all wore torn hip-hugger jeans (because they got destroyed from bad washing machines!) Our tops were body-hugging ribbed knits and we wore bandanas as headbands! 

We have kept in touch all these years and we always feel as close as ever when we get together.  I truly cannot imagine life without them🍀💚🍀💚🍀

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

Yes Treasure those memories with all your heart..I have never had a bff, and it's very lonely, yes Very lonely 

Sorry for your loss, truly sorry.