Honored Contributor

Re: Whats your daily routine?

DH and I are both retired.

Mr Bubba cat and I get up when Bubba is hungry which is anywhere between 3-5 am. He hasn’t adjusted to the time change from three years ago. 

DH usually comes in no later than 7ish.

Watch weather channel until programs on MeTV and check TCM.

Discuss errands for the day and lunch plans. 

Play on iPad and read/participate forums here and check QVC but very rarely watch QVC. This goes on throughout the day.

Its just the two of us so I do laundry every 2-3 days.

I keep the house clean but I’m not a neat freak.

Honored Contributor

I open my eyes and look at the clock, then I try to remember each day to say a prayer of thanks and ask that I can do something for someone with this day.  Sometimes I have to get up in a hurry for some reason and I may do this later.  But it is the best way to start a day.

I try to get chores and paperwork done in the morning and relax in the evening.

I don't have a set routine, but am in the process of organizing and editing what I have.  So that's fun.

Spend time as I wish is a sweet reward for 45 years of working and going to college and working.  Whew!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I start my day with a long nature walk.  I end the day by watching television, usually a British program.  In-between can be anything - cleaning, appointments, meeting friends or working on hobbies.    

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

DH and I are both retired.

Mr Bubba cat and I get up when Bubba is hungry which is anywhere between 3-5 am. He hasn’t adjusted to the time change from three years ago. 

DH usually comes in no later than 7ish.

Watch weather channel until programs on MeTV and check TCM.

Discuss errands for the day and lunch plans. 

Play on iPad and read/participate forums here and check QVC but very rarely watch QVC. This goes on throughout the day.

Its just the two of us so I do laundry every 2-3 days.

I keep the house clean but I’m not a neat freak.

@OKPrincess  Tell Bubba he'd better be glad he doesn't live with me!  Bubba would be hungry and unhappy until at least 7 if he lived here.  Tell Bubba we have a lock on the bedroom door too!  LOL!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner Are you volunteering to take Bubba through boot camp for cats?

I guess I created the monster but that too shall pass!

Respected Contributor

Am retired so get up whenever I want unless I have an appointment.I take my morning meds then have my coke as I don't drink coffee. I fix my breakfast and like to watch "Match Game" on t.v.No set cleaning schedule so whatever and whenever I feel like doing it works.Get on the computer throughout the day and watch t.v.Go shopping and sometimes travel to our place up north.

Trusted Contributor

i wake up real early, have my first mug of coffee for the day, then hit the gym. the rest of the day is spent doing chores, reading, and online shopping. 

Valued Contributor

@Laura14, I used to do step aerobics 3 times a week, but now I walk 4 miles a day. 

I can’t believe I didn’t mention that because it is something I look forward to.  

Valued Contributor

@OKPrincess Bubba sounds like a cutie. My fur baby is up early too, hubby feeds her as he leaves for work at 6am. I sometimes snooze a bit longer since im usually up late at night. She goes downstairs does her rounds, nibbles on her food and keeps an eye out for the birds and squirrels. Then she comes up to bed with me and waits till i get up, then we have our breakfast, she eats her food and I have my tea. Shes a princess for sure and I make sure she always gets her way. Smiley Wink It really is the simple pleasures in life that are the most precious. 

@freakygirl Ive always been so impressed with people who could go to the gym early in the morning. Im not a morning person and thinking about the gym at that time just makes me wanna cringe, but ill gladly go late at night and have a much better workout. Ive tried going  in the morning once and came back with a headache, neve did that again. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

After brushing my teeth and washing my face I'll grab my MP3 player and do my morning walk.