Honored Contributor

Re: What would you say? What would you do?

I'd send her a SHORT text and tell her not to come back. 

Occasional Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

just tell her you're not happy with her work........sounds like wallpapering is not her expertise!  did someone recommend her?!

If she's as odd as the OP says, I wouldn't say anything the might set her off. Tell her your husband has forbidden you to wall paper the bahtroom or some other safe lie. Don't take any phone calls, emails, etc. from her. If she needs any tools back, pack them up and leave them where she can find them and don't, under ANY circumstances, let her back into your home.

Good luck!

Occasional Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@patticakes   It sounds like she should be charged for the mess and wallpaper.  OMG!   You are definitely doing the right thing.

If she doesn't bring that up, don't you do it either. If she wants you pay a reasonable amount, pay it and be glad to be rid of her.

Occasional Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Word to the wise. Be careful now. She may have been casing the joint for a return to do something more than wallpaper your bathroom! Acting weird? Like in high or drunk? Antenna up! 

Call her and don't text. If she doesn't pick up, leave a voicemail and then text your intent.

Good Luck

ITA

Occasional Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@patticakes   Take lots of pictures to document the mess.  This woman could easily come back and claim she did the job but you wouldn't pay her.  That's why it's important to have a paper trail in text messages as @Love my grandkids suggested in her post.  This situation worries me.  I bet  she was high on something, maybe meth or had been drinking.  It's common for addicts to claim illness as an excuse.

This would exemplify the work of a meth addict:

frenetic
[frəˈnedik]

ADJECTIVE
  1. fast and energetic in a rather wild and uncontrolled way.
    "a frenetic pace of activit
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking along these lines. And I would NEVER have a "friend" work for me. I did that once and never again. Some of the work wasn't as good as I wanted but rather than bring that up and generate a lot of hard feelings--and possibly lose a friend--I let it go and had someone else take care of it.

Before he worked on my house, he laughingly "bragged" to me that he took a dislike to someone he had worked for previously so he and his crew did a medicore job--on purpose. I made sure I was around a lot when he remodeled my house so I could keep an eye on him and make sure he didn't cut any corners. Ane evetually we stopped being friends.

Trusted Contributor

I hope she doesn't expect to be paid...and you have enough wallpaper for someone else to complete the job. Text her and tell her to take care of her health and you have found someone else to complete the job...you!