Honored Contributor

Are they doing the job for free that he's angry?

Speak to the GC and tell them that if it's not fixed to your expectations that you will be holding back money until it is.

Valued Contributor
You need it fixed or torn out (at their expense) and replaced (at their expense). Hopefully you didn't pay 100% up front! I only pay 25-50% (and to licensed/bonded/insured companies) & balance due upon MY final inspection. Any issues get fixed before final payment is paid. Period. Reputable companies have NO issue with this.

I oversee ALL projects done in my home & never have work done unless I'm in the home (safety & theft prevention) AND most importantly I check every hour or so on progress & if anything looks weird or not right I speak up right away. I'd hate to come in after a project was done wrong & it takes forever to fix. Better to catch issues as they happen or soon as possible!!

If anyone had a problem with my checking on their work they didn't say it in front of me & personally I could care less. It's my home & my money & I want things done right!!!

Good luck & hope you get it fixed!
Valued Contributor
Edited to add companies I've used previously I'll let work maybe 2-3 hours before checking on progress, instead of checking hourly...lol...but they know my standards & I trust them to do a good job as I like their work enough to use them again!

I do have a job/my own business, but schedule work in the home around my jobs & let them know I won't have anyone in my home without me being there. No exceptions!
Honored Contributor

The general contractor is the tile settler's boss.  You should be complaining to him.  It's a no-brainer; insist that the work is done correctly.  Otherwise, you'll think of it everytime you go in the bathroom and see it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment