Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your kind replies. I don't feel like a crazy old paranoid lady now.

I passed him the phone through the screen while 911 was on the line. He was talking to 911 when I gave him the clothing. I felt that was okay.  Now that I think about it, that was probably not the smartest thing I did.

Honored Contributor

NEVER under any circumstances! Period!!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: What would you do?

[ Edited ]

@dragonflyveb Call the police at once and check out his story.  Let them know what he told  you.  Be sure to talk to the responding officers and let them know what happened.  Please do this! 

Honored Contributor

I agree with Sooner. Call the police and get a follow up. DO NOT wait a month.

And even passing things through the window could have ended badly.

I hope he was telling the truth and I hope you'll check with the police and let us know the outcome.

Honored Contributor

I would have ignored his knock.  If he didn't go away, I'd call the police on him.  I'd be concerned why he didn't come to the front door and knock.  He was running around back yards, but who knocks at the back of someone's house that they don't know.  Maybe he was shaken up, but sorry I'm not letting you in the back.

Honored Contributor

The same thing happened in my subdivision about a week ago at 11:30pm.   A number of neighbors called 911.........and the police sent a helicopter, with search light and bullhorn...........followed by cruisers on the ground.   The suspect was arrested.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor
@Desertdi wrote:

The same thing happened in my subdivision about a week ago at 11:30pm.   A number of neighbors called 911.........and the police sent a helicopter, with search light and bullhorn...........followed by cruisers on the ground.   The suspect was arrested.

Sounds scary. Glad they caught the guy.

Esteemed Contributor

I am glad you are safe. I live a!one and never open my door. There are too many crazies out in the world. I don't understand why he was running in the backyard. He had no shoes or warm clothes. I think you dodged a bullet. I would not have opened the screen---are you talking about the window screen. He could have grabbed your hand. I am glad you are safe. I would call the police and find out the real story in the morning.

Trusted Contributor

@dragonflyveb  Never open your door to a stranger.  I would have called 911 for him and that  was it. In the few minutes it took him to get to your house and police to arrive he would not have froze to death. He may have been cold but  that is ok. I do not live alone, but I do not open my door to anyone I do not know, or at odd times of the day or night. So many home invasions with bad outcomes. In our state the other day, a minister and his wife came home to find someone in their house. They abducted the woman, made her take money out of the atm, drove her back home, set the house on fire, assaulted her husband. The husband survived but is in the hospital with severe burns and injuries, the wife did not survive. Sad. 

Honored Contributor

He didn't knock on her door, HE KNOCKED ON HER BACK WINDOW!   I would have screamed my head off.   I would have ran for my weapon and then called 911 and then held my breath until they got there.   And be haunted for a long time about him coming back.