Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Reading MANY of your replies I think you are so jealous of this relative. But,have you done anything about it?

I'm not sure what this means.  Are you saying the OP is jealous of her SIL?  If so, why?  And what is she supposed to do about it?

Or are you saying that posters here are jealous?  

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Reading MANY of your replies I think you are so jealous of this relative. But,have you done anything about it?

I'm not sure what this means.  Are you saying the OP is jealous of her SIL?  If so, why?  And what is she supposed to do about it?

@NYC Susan 

This is really funny if it is meant that I am jealous of my sister-in-law!  I would never want to be someone like that.  I have pretty much tried to avoid her since my brother married her.  I thought it could be nice to have sort of a "sister," as I never had one.

She was ready to start trouble before they got married.  My brother's friends had to tell her NOT to start arguments with my mother.  They told her it wasn't a good idea to start arguing with her soon to be mother-in-law before they even got married.  I was told this when taking calls for her upcoming bridal shower. 

And it got no better from then on.  She seems to have no boundaries.  She is actually jealous of me being the real daughter.  She lost her own parents before I ever met her.  I find her to be a potential evil person (personal and professional opinion).

She will not aggravate me again.  I will not let her.  She showed me her true colors (as I long ago figured out) when I learned she manipulated my father into paying off her car.  As his real daughter, I could never do something like that.  She told me "I loved him like a father."  I no longer believe that, and am shutting down any and all access they have to his business.

Thanks for being nice!

Hyacinth

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@NYC Susan 

This is really funny if it is meant that I am jealous of my sister-in-law!  I would never want to be someone like that.  I have pretty much tried to avoid her since my brother married her.  I thought it could be nice to have sort of a "sister," as I never had one.

She was ready to start trouble before they got married.  My brother's friends had to tell her NOT to start arguments with my mother.  They told her it wasn't a good idea to start arguing with her soon to be mother-in-law before they even got married.  I was told this when taking calls for her upcoming bridal shower. 

And it got no better from then on.  She seems to have no boundaries.  She is actually jealous of me being the real daughter.  She lost her own parents before I ever met her.  I find her to be a potential evil person (personal and professional opinion).

She will not aggravate me again.  I will not let her.  She showed me her true colors (as I long ago figured out) when I learned she manipulated my father into paying off her car.  As his real daughter, I could never do something like that.  She told me "I loved him like a father."  I no longer believe that, and am shutting down any and all access they have to his business.

Thanks for being nice!

Hyacinth

I never thought you might be jealous of her.  In fact, she seems to be green with jealousy because YOU are the executor.  It's ridiculous that she can't accept that.

Whether or not she had a great relationship with your father, you are his daughter and you have a shared history with him that can't possibly compare.  He clearly loved you, and trusted you above anyone else.  It's silly for someone to be jealous of a father/daughter relationship.  I understand what you're up against, because - as I've said before - I have a relative who is very similar to your SIL.  Their need for power and control is exhausting.

Nothing you've said - here and on other threads - would lead me to believe that you're jealous.  It definitely seems that it's the other way around.  So continue to take the high road.  My wish for you is that everything with the estate is settled quickly so you can properly grieve and move on with your life knowing you honored your father's wishes and finding comfort in the memories of all the times you shared.