Honored Contributor

Re: What would YOU do? Scary situation today (long story)

@GenXmuse Oh please do, honeybunch!!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I think that's "harsh" but guess I asked for it by posting here.

My son is not like you think for the following reasons:

1) cancer survivor (fought cancer for 3 years at age 27 with various chemo and surgeries)

2) mentors  "at risk" children

3) volunteers at childrens hospital 1x/month 

4) is semi-professional fisherman: takes "children battling various diseases" and teaches them how to fish, enjoy the outdoors 

5) gifts the childrens ward every month with books, toys, etc.

6) law enforcement officer

HE may have had a "lapse" of judgment in his words BUT he clearly does "care about others" just not when it concerns me or my safety, I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't believe that people don't understand that "I can call my son a jerk, but don't you call him a jerk.!"

Mother's are like that, yeah, they are!

Sorry about the comments.  Your are a brave woman!  God bless you for your kindness!

Valued Contributor

I kind of think you're both right.  I see nothing wrong with calling the police to let them know that someone is, or could be, in danger but, at best, I would have remained in my vehicle until the police arrived, if that.  In today's world you never know about strangers you come across and what life is like in their world so it pays to be cautious even when trying to be helpful.

Honored Contributor

I apologize @homedecor1 .  I don't mean to be harsh.  I understand he does care about his fellow man.  The "she's not your problem" statement just rubbed me the wrong way.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 I would have done exactly 💯  someday we all will reach this age.it could happened to any of us

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   While I understand your son and his concern for your safety, I think I would have been hurt and angry if he spoke those words to me, if I was his mother.  Society is in a downward sprial...we need more people like you.

I think you did the right thing.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 I applaud your behavior!  I would hope that some sweet soul would offer me help if I were ever in a similar situation.  A little kindness goes a long way.  I too believe that God has put us all here to be his hands and feet to care for one another!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

You called the Sheriff?? Where do you live?

I absolutely would have done the same thing. The EXACT same thing happened here several months ago in 98-degree weather. My friend was the only one who stopped. Thankfully, the older man was taken safely back to the nursing home where he wandered off from! 

THANK YOU for caring!!!

Respected Contributor

SIGH!!!!