Honored Contributor

Re: What would YOU do? Scary situation today (long story)

@Snowpuppy wrote:

With your son on this one. Ted Bundy was dressed and groomed nicely,, too.

Anyone in the middle of the highway is either drunk or mentally ill and unless you are trained, I'd call 911 and keep going.

What if the person pulled a gun? What if they were playing victim for a  ride to rob you?

@Snowpuppy    It's sounds like it was obvious someone was in trouble.  A little old lady in the middle of a 4 lane highway is not the person or place for a mugging.  Too many witnesses. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Anyone in the middle of the highway is either drunk or mentally ill and unless you are trained, I'd call 911 and keep going.

What if the person pulled a gun? What if they were playing victim for a  ride to rob you?

@Snowpuppy    It's sounds like it was obvious someone was in trouble.  A little old lady in the middle of a 4 lane highway is not the person or place for a mugging.  Too many witnesses. 

Yeah, that would be quite the ruse!

Honored Contributor

I totally understand where you were coming from but rudeness is never, EVER acceptable.  

All I can think of is you scared him SO badly he lost control of his senses because he is so protective of you. 

You didn't tell us your age, but some ages are "triggers" about what one might think for whatever reason.

Super Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I suppose you would have also had your Smartphone out to take pictures and post them on the Internet?  Seems to be the way to go these days.  People lay bleeding in the street or get beat up and all people do is take pictures.  What if that was your mother?

Honored Contributor

@TW 

Please don't be rude to @Snowpuppy those are realities things one doesn't really think of "in the moment" as was pointed out just now by my son.

The scenario is real life and I've seen it:  a young girl

w/ children asking for "gas $" and somewhere close is her counterpart waiting to rob you.  This happens often here☹️ especially at our WMs.  

So, as I said -- instincts take over vs. thinking sometimes! And sadly, you're probably right people took pics as they drove by -- the world of social media☹️🤬

ty 

homedecor1🌹

Honored Contributor

Re: What would YOU do? Scary situation today (long sto

Thank you everyone for your replies!

I was just shocked because as someone pointed out I am a late 50s kid and brought up in a different "world".

Yes as @SurferWife stated he was a jerk but a "loving" jerk who was just upset.  Sometimes I work on "instinct vs. thinking".  We just spoke he ran every scenario why he had that "attitude" & did apologize.  

I could never imagine how concerned the boys are for me.  They know I'm dealing with a lot alone with the illness of my spouse -- some days it's overwhelming & stressful🙄.  

sometimes my feelings get hurt easy because "sometimes just sometimes" our boys are right😉

although I did the "right thing" something awful could have happened.  I'd do it again .... it's just me🙂 

Thank you all again

Have a good nite😊 

homedecor1

Super Contributor

You saved a life today! Thank you for doing the right thing in what must have been a frightening situation. In my opinion, your actions were caring and heroic. I can understand your sons concern but he was harsh. He should apologize to you.
Times are difficult and just knowing that there are people like you in the world lifts my spirits! 

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Thank you @homedecor1. Glad you stepped forward. Clearly the lady needed help. So glad you came along to help her.

When my son was in college he helped out where he used to work. And my husband and I picked him up at work and drove him to a train station so he could get back to the college. When we arrived there was a man lying on the railroad tracks. A train was expected shortly  so there were a number of people waiting for the train.

There was no way my son was going to witness a train hitting the man lying on the train tracks. I jumped on the tracks and started pulling on the man to get him off the tracks. He was deteremined to continue laying on the track. He was on the phone, I guess his girlfriend, saying he wanted to die. I was not going to let that happen.

I saw the light from the train getting closer and closer and my husband and son joined me and got the guy off the tracks. I always thought that it was a shame no one else seemed to care that he was lying on the tracks. And we just pulled up shortly before the train was scheduled to arrive. No one seemed to care.

I am so glad that you did.

Someone i know was driving on a bridge late at night and a woman was attempting to jump. He stopped and started pulling her back as another car stopped and started yelling at the guy to stop hurting the woman., thinking the guy was trying to push her off the bridge, he then let go of her and at that point she started back towards the rail of the bridge again. The second guy finally realized what was happening. They both helped her then.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for caring.............The good you do will come back to you..........

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy I think once @homedecor1  had pulled over to call, she herself was highly unlikely to be in danger, especially not from the old woman in the middle of the road who would have had a tough time getting to thee roadside since cars were not slowing or stopping.

I support @homedecor1's decision to call for help.  I am just terribly sorry for the pain from her son's reaction.  I'd hope it was fear talking and that he will come to and apologize.