Esteemed Contributor

Re: What were you scared of..........

@dex  LOL! Those sort of images (of an electric chair) are really scary when you're a kid....I was always scared of being put in prison....

Another thing that scared me, was when I heard about "The Iron Curtain." I thought it was literally an IRON curtain! 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Sun Flowers.....please don't laugh..lol   I was terrified of them.  They seemed to be every where I went when I was little.  Like they were following me around....I still don't like them.

**************  I remember as a little girl waking up and looking at my pillow seeing it covered in what I thought was dozens of spiders.  It frightened me out of my wits!  It turned out that mom had changed my pillow case.  It was a busy print of tiny wispy flowers.   To this day I prefer plain white pillow cases!

Respected Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

Clowns and Nazis!  I don't even know how I knew about Nazis, but they really scared me.  

Oh my....those were my fears too!!!  I HATED the clowns that were on the metal sides of the jack-in-the-boxes that were always around when I was a kid.  And at a (too) early age I read The Diary of Anne Frank.....and I still have Nazi nightmares occasionally, where we have to go into hiding.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

The creature under my bed that was waiting for the light to go out so it could reach up and grab my leg.

THIS EXACTLY!!!!!!   @shaggygirl

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I was afraid of the toilet overflowing.  I was afraid of vomiting.  I was afraid of bees.  I was so afraid of bees for awhile that I wouldn't go outside, and my mother forced me out.

I was also afraid of creepy dolls/puppets, like clowns or porcelain dolls.  Anything creepy like that, really.  My grandmother had a paint-by-numbers painting in one of her rooms that my mom painted.  It was a creepy kid with big eyes.  That thing really scared me.

The other things that scared me are things that still scare me.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fires.. when I was a child our house caught on fire... I have second degree burn scars on my legs. To this day I have dreams about it. They come and go. I am very careful now with my own family with a fire. I was five when this happened that was 50 years ago. No one was hurt too badly thank God but, this incident   I will never forget. My poor dolly Linda Anne was burned badly in this fire she was my favorite. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Public speaking as an adult, the dark as a child.

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

Fires.. when I was a child our house caught on fire... I have second degree burn scars on my legs. To this day I have dreams about it. They come and go. I am very careful now with my own family with a fire. I was five when this happened that was 50 years ago. No one was hurt too badly thank God but, this incident   I will never forget. My poor dolly Linda Anne was burned badly in this fire she was my favorite. Woman Sad

@apple1964...I am so very sorry that happened to you. Smiley Sad

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

My mother or father dying. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@apple1964...I am so very sorry that happened to you. Smiley Sad

Thank you... Have a nice day!