Respected Contributor

Re: What were you scared of..........

my Dad

Honored Contributor

Sun Flowers.....please don't laugh..lol   I was terrified of them.  They seemed to be every where I went when I was little.  Like they were following me around....I still don't like them.

Honored Contributor

There was a mean rabbit that lived under my bed!

Honored Contributor

Tornado

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Going outside at night.  We lived in a rural area and I thought an escapee might be hiding out in the barn.  Then, when there were Yeti sightings, I was afraid of him.

Respected Contributor

Company coming for a "couple of days"  and they stay 2 weeks.Woman LOL

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

Ticks!  I hate them to this day.  I panic if one gets on me.

I also had terrible nightmares.  The same ones over and over. I would wake up petrified.  I can tell you in detail about them to this day.   They lasted until into my 20's.  I no longer have nighmares, thank goodness!

Respected Contributor

I remember hearing the news about Richard Speck (murdering nurses in Chicago). After that I was afraid someone would come into our house and kill us.  I even made sure I could fit under my bed to hide because one of the nurses survived by hiding there.

And on a lighter note...if I dangled my foot over the side of the bed, the alligator under there would get it.  Now that I think about it, I was going to go hide with that alligator? :-) 

Valued Contributor

When I was young, I thought the search light at our little country airport was searching for escaped convicts...we didn't even have a jail in our small town!

Also scared to death of birds and chickens!

Honored Contributor

I am another one who was afraid of quicksand but I also was afraid of going to the electric chair.I don't know what triggered the fear of the electric chair but I must have seen a movie..My mom used to tell me that it only happened to adults but somehow I was just never consoled.