Respected Contributor

Re: What to do with diamond ring?

[ Edited ]

Find a jeweler who willl buy or advertise and sell...once sold, donate the money in your sons honor and name to a charity he would have supported. 

May your son rest in peace and blessings to you and your family.

Honored Contributor

@madzonie ..........I can not imagine losing a child.  It has to be the most devestating trauma to endure.  I am so very sorry for your loss.  God bless you and your family.

I would sell the ring and donate the proceeds to your sons favorite charity in his name.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@madzonie --very sorry for your loss---you could have it  set into a pendant for you--and use the gold or whatever metal it is as well--lovely way to keep him close to your heart.

Esteemed Contributor

@madzonie  There are no words to comfort you during this unthinkable time. Just know we are all praying for you and your family. I wouln't make any decisions right now. Only you will know when the time is right. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@madzonie  - I am so very sorry for the loss of your son.  I can't imagine the pain you've experienced.

I haven't read all the posts so this may have been mentioned already.  Did your son have a charity he was fond of or was he a animal lover?  Perhaps you could donate it to the Humane Society or a charity that he would have liked.   A charity would benefit more than you keeping a piece of jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@madzonie   So sorry for the devastating loss of your son.

I tried to sell my Mom's ring when she passed and the jewelry stores offered a ridiculous amount compared to the appraised value....I kept the ring to pass on or maybe make a necklace for myself. The buyer at the store said they would not pay more than they can purchase a stone wholesale which is so much less than we imagine. 

Esteemed Contributor

@madzonie 

Sell it, and depending on your financial state. Keep the money or donate it to his favorite charity. If he didn't have one, choose yours, and donate it.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@madzonie 

Losing a child is the unthinkable. My heart is hurting for you. I hope you are embraced by much love and support during this difficult time.

If I were you I don't think I would do anything drastic right now. Nor would I alter the ring just yet. I might put it on a chain and wear it as a reminder the blessings your son brought to you as his mother. Just touching it throughout the days ahead might be of comfort to you.

Peace.

Respected Contributor

@madzonie 

I have no suggestions for the ring. I just want to offer you my sincere condolences on the loss of your son. I hope that his sweet memories will bring comfort and peace to your heart. I'm so sorry for your loss. As the mother of two sons, my heart aches for you.❤🙏🏼🕊

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@madzonie   I’m so sorry for your loss.  No parent should have to endure that heartache.  Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.  Please take care, and take time to grieve.  It’s so important.  So heartbreaking.  

I would possibly have it made into a piece so you can keep “him” close to you.