Respected Contributor

Re: What to do with diamond ring?

@madzonie Very sad to hear about the loss of your son. It's only been a month. Allow yourself adequate time to process everything and grieve.

If you move too quickly to resolve all issues, you may regret your decisions later. Valuables can wait a bit. Do only what you must, at this time.

When you're ready, you'll know it, then just follow your heart, in dealing with his belongings. In the meantime, be sure to focus on healing time for yourself. You will get through this, but you can't rush grieving.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your loss....

Respected Contributor

Sending you prayers for strength. Words seem so inadequate for the heartache and grief you are feeling.

As your pain is still raw, please do wait a while to make a decision as to what to do with the ring. If it has any sentimental value and you wish to keep it then do so.

If not, you could sell it and make a donation to your favorite charity in your son's name.

God bless.

Honored Contributor

@madzonie I am so so sorry for the loss of your dear son.

Respected Contributor

@madzonie make it into a pendant. 

Respected Contributor

@madzonie I am so sorry you are having to experience the loss of your son. Words cannot express how heartbreaking this must be. We are with you and willing to offer support whenever you need it.

As for the ring, I would follow the advice of those who suggest waiting to make that decision. You may decide to sell it, but the idea of repurposing the stones is appealing to me. Get a new mounting and have a right hand ring made for yourself. The old mounting will help offset the cost of a new one that is uniquely yours.

Valued Contributor

So sorry for your loss.  I will add your family to my prayer list.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

I have known several divorced and/or widowed ladies, including myself, who had our rings restyled into necklaces.  I love mine. 

I know this situation is different, but maybe you could do something similar in remembrance? 

@madzonie    Our mom had 2 diamond solitaires.  My sister had a pendant made from them for each of her daughters.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

So sorry for your loss, my heart cries for you.

Any jewelry not new sells at around 50% of the value.  In that your son bought it, I would have a pendent made from the ring.