Trusted Contributor

Re: What the hosts do to sell

i really have to l;augh whe a host says i have one in an xxsand you know that they could never fit into that size. .  who do they think that they are fooling?  or io have on the  xxs.  i knowsizes and it just make me laugh

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I haven’t watched in years now...only online I sometimes check to see what has been on earlier. I don’t buy anything when hosts resort to high pressure tactics or sound desperate....how they own one in every color, size, and style...so does their mom, dad, and every other family member, etc......click!

What about when you are told to buy one for the neighbors, your sister, your brother, the teacher. I reach for the remote and fast.

Honored Contributor

I quit this tier on cable because of ancient movies!  I get great movies (Net Flix) and good channels now!Smiley Happy

I don't see a host until I look at a video!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I imagine when the TSV is on for a whole hour .......they need to get creative..

Esteemed Contributor

The goal here is to make the host(s) relatable.  The goal is for the viewer to think, "Wow, XYZ host is purchasing this for her father and husband.  This must be a good product.  I'll buy one too."  Same thing when the hosts say own an item or items.  It's to make them relatable to the viewing audience who will in turn purchase said item.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is disappointing when a hosts claims that a certain product has 100 plus five stars. Only to find out after reading the reviews on this product, it had 52 one star reviews. I guess any trick in the book to make a customer think this is the deal of the century. I say buyer beware.

Respected Contributor

The tactic that annoys me the most is the urgency one. "Quantities are limited", "We only have this many left", "Many people are waiting on the phone lines to place their orders". Hurry, hurry, hurry. Place your orders NOW!! Cat LOL

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

They are working, like most of America, they have bills to pay and obligations that require money. You do what is expected of you when you work for a company and in return you get paid and if that is hard selling you do what you need to for yourself and your family.

Respected Contributor

There are millions of sites on line for browsing and buying products you may want or need that have ZERO salespeople.  Perhaps that would be an alternative for everyone who has problems with hosts selling on camera.  Oh, say AMAZON.

If sales people bothered me that much I just wouldn't watch.  It's not worth my health.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

The goal here is to make the host(s) relatable.  The goal is for the viewer to think, "Wow, XYZ host is purchasing this for her father and husband.  This must be a good product.  I'll buy one too."  Same thing when the hosts say own an item or items.  It's to make them relatable to the viewing audience who will in turn purchase said item.

And this tactic is not working.