Esteemed Contributor

I think the OP may be engaging in a little projection. It says more about the person who is voicing a perceived offense at hearing sizes stated than the people on QVC stating their sizes on air.

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

im sure this has been discussed before but when I hear repeatedly  on a fashion show,the sizes hosts are in,to me,its almost like bragging.yes,most all of them are tiny,but to keep repeating it is a little overkill.do these hosts have a gym trainer, chefs to cook healthy meals?I guess that's why everything that they have on,looks darling.just wondering

Wouldn't worry, they all lie, saying that because they NEVER wear clothes that fit them. 95% are wearing a size too small.

Honored Contributor

There was a post just a week or so ago that someone complained that the hosts never say what size they are wearing.  

For the hosts, its darned if you do and darned if you dont.  They cant win.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Years ago Jane T. used to drone on about how she was an XS. Not these days LOL.

Ain't that the truth! lol!

@GoneButNotForgotten - As you said, that was years ago. What about Carolyn Gracie? To this day, she states that she is wearing a size 'Large'. If I went by her claim of wearing a 'Large', then I should be ordering an extra small. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I don't know if this is the case here, but I think some people do this constantly because they are insecure.  I was once friends with this one woman - we were not bosom friends -- but we did things together like shopping, going out socially, etc.  One day we were out shopping for clothing items and we had gone into the fitting rooms and were going in and out to look in the mirrors since the fitting rooms did not have any.  I had on a pair of jeans or slacks - I forget which -- and she said to me --- what size are those?  And I said --- size __, which was my usual size.  And she got this look on her face and her eyes got wide and she said ---- really?  Impossible!  That would mean that you're smaller than ME!  I just looked at her kind of dumfounded --- I didn't know what to say.   We had never discussed sizes and weight and never thought this was an issue.  She was not overweight nor was I. ????  I didn't ask her what her size was, nor did I feel it was my business.  After that, I started noticing several kind of critical and rather not so nice remarks she would make about my appearance or things I would wear.  I asked her once, if there was something she was upset with me about and she just laughed and said, no, what did she have to be upset about.  Our "friendship" ended shortly after that!  

I would think that people who are on t.v. probably do feel more of a need to always feels like they look the best.  And many probably have an ego, and it makes them feel good to constantly remind others of how good they think they look.  Who knows?? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I think they are telling you what size they are wearing in a particular item to help the buyer. I've seeen them say xs as much as I've seen xl.

I'd like to debunk the myth that you need a personal trainer and a nutritionist to be thin.  My hairdresser lost 15 pounds by walking. And we all know Oprah's struggle.

Esteemed Contributor

I also think the hosts give their sizes to help the buyer.  But many I believe do "fudge" the real size they wear.  I know television adds pounds but you can tell if  a person is in a size too small for sure.   My best friend and I have a mutual friend and she has commented about me and the way I dress (not so much about weight, I am average size) but more about style.   We had gone to a resort all together once and she pretty much insulted me the whole time.  Anyway, I digress......the point is some people will always be somewhat intimidated by others looks, size or style.   I guess it makes them feel better, needless to say we don't vacation together anymore.  LOL

Honored Contributor

It is hard for me to give a correct size since so many of them want to put several 000's in their smaller sizes.  I weigh 90 to 92 pounds depending on if is a holiday time, so I just have to figure out size of each store ect... whenever I break down and buy clothes to begin with.  Going to the little girl's department can definitely take the joy out of shopping.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I only put real clothes on about once every couple of weeks... I am size whatever fits on THAT DAY.....

Esteemed Contributor

Generally everyone, hosts included, are a couple of sizes smaller in QVC clothes.  You can take that to the bank.