Honored Contributor

Re: What's your favorite time of year? Tell us why?

Any day when it is lower than 100 degrees.....(!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Even though I like summer fashions, I'm not crazy about the heat and humidity, so I would have to say fall is my favorite season. I like the turning leaves and cooler less humid weather and I do more baking in the fall. I like making cinnamon buns and having one with my coffee in the morning as I sit on my porch and watch the birds at the feeders and the deer moving through the corn field.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

My favorite time of the year is Autumn.

I know that New Year is often considered the time for starting over or that Spring is considered the season of renewal, but for me Autumn is starting over.  I don't know if it's because as a child the school season starts at summer's end and gets going in Autumn or what.  Maybe because I was born at the end of August, I considered Autumn the beginning for me.

What can I say - I'm a little odd :-)

I love the change of colors on all of the different kinds of trees.  Some leaves turn a dijon mustard color, others almost a grape color, there are vibrant oranges, reds and dashes of scarlet.  I love the smell of Autumn.  There is a crispness in the air.  I love the sounds of the crunchy fallen leaves.  Oh and the food - in my family, because we didn't have A/C growing up, there was not alot of oven usage in the summer.

Autumn weather means savory stews, apple pies, cooking with the oven. 

The sunsets are different, the color is richer (because of the position of the sun). 

And the clothing, oh my, the clothing.  The textures are divine :-)  Knit long sleeved tops, turtlenecks, heavy weight cardigans, corduroys, and boots!

Only down side - we lose daylight savings time.

It's supposed to be 90 degrees with humidity here tomorrow.  Just thinking about Autumn will help me get through it.

3459c0e3230875805caca73a5fe9e203.jpg (236×173)

why_i_love_autumn_by_photosopher-d4cvwqx.jpg (280×200)

Honored Contributor

So funny, bird! I was reading your comments thinking how much it sounded like my own thoughts, and then I saw it was you.  Go figure!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I am in southern WV, and we have four very distinct seasons here, with summer being my favorite.  I love the bright sunlight, the heat, all the tasty foods of summer, as well as summer clothes and sandals.  The only thing I don't like about summer, is ticks and snakes.  Fall is October and early November.  Our winter usually starts around Thanksgiving and lasts into April, regardless of what the calendar says.   Nice warm temperatures don't usually show up until after April 20th and last till mid May, when we begin to see some real warmth.  When you watch the Weather Channel, you will see that WV is often caught in the midst of any sweeping weather pattern, whether it's coming from the north, Midwest, from the south, or going up the Atlantic coast.  Generally, we are in a mild and calm climate, but that varies widely with what is going on around us.   

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

So funny, bird! I was reading your comments thinking how much it sounded like my own thoughts, and then I saw it was you.  Go figure!

No disrespect to our parents -  sometimes it seems like you are my sister from another mister (lol).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Autumn for sure.  Nothing more beautiful than a crystal blue sky with a golden Aspen-covered mountain in the background, unless the same bright blue sky was filled with 500 or 600 colorful hot-air balloons.

Thats autumn in New Mexico.

image.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I love Christmas time.  My birthday is also the week of Christmas so it is a happy time for me all around!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

Summer.  The less clothes the better

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, too, like the Fall...first part of November to be exact.   

Also a fav is January.  It's a time of Restart & Reboot.  Life has given me a do-over.