Honored Contributor

Re: What's your favorite time of year? Tell us why?

[ Edited ]

Autumn's my favorite.  Late autumn, to be precise.  The time when the air is crisp and cool, and you can breathe deep refreshing breaths.

I love the golden cast to the light.  The light is echoed in the colorful leaves of gold and red and russet and yellow.

I love when the wild and earthy mushrooms start to pop up (yes, they're probably poisonous).

I love not having to turn on the heat in the house, yet not have to use air conditioning.  And when it turns even cooler, I love wearing the sweaters I've collected over the years.  Some from Linea, some from earlier iterations of QVC's house brands, some from local shops, even an Irish one in cobalt blue.  (Unfortunately, this is an ideal clothing scenario since the last couple of years it hasn't been cold enough to wear those beloved sweaters.) 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Definetly the FALL. The bluer sky, the crisper air, the colored leaves, the cooler nights... FALL could be six months for me - but, I will take September, October, and November - October being the best month of all !!

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

Fall.. Just wish it would last longer then the summer.

Trusted Contributor

I love the Fall . Crisp air turning leaves. Nature at its flaming glory.

Trusted Contributor

FALL!!!   The hot summer is over, college football is in full swing, and Christmas is right around the corner!!

Super Contributor

I love October thru December, I love fall, and  Christmas is my fav, with Thanksgiving being my second fav.  Cool weather for walking, shopping outlets and anything is great.  I like winter and decorating for the holidays.

Esteemed Contributor

Autumn is my favorite time of year. Here in central NY, the air is crisp and the colors are so pretty. Driving up the lake near our town (one of the Finger Lakes) and stopping at the wineries for tastings and lunch with views of the vineyards, is just heavenly. Our winters are tough but spring, fall, and summer are simply magnificent.