Honored Contributor

Re: What's there to talk about?

@dex wrote:

@jaxs mom But you can be talking about something on the news...not political and that is poofed.I don't think that I break the rules and I have been poofed and I know others have too.It is more annoying than any SG presentation.

The trouble is , there are people who make everything political, so really what is a safe topic ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I don't even know if the rules are set in stone.You can talk about someone's suicide but you can't talk about someone getting fired.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I don't even know if the rules are set in stone.You can talk about someone's suicide but you can't talk about someone getting fired.

First of all you are being too general and you know it.

We all know who is CONTROVERSIAL. If you don't then maybe this isn't the place for you.

Secondly, do you condone the sheer meanness toward the hosts and vendors?  It is sport here for the nasty ones. You seem to because you are questioning why such bad behavior is not allowed. SMDH

Honored Contributor

@Melania have you read any of my posts?

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Don't break the rules and things won't get deleted. It's that simple. And really, if the rule breakers leave, it's just less work for the mods. So win, win. 

Very true in the main, but we all know that people report posts out of spite and some moderators at times don't seem to actually read and consider whether a post is actually against standards before deleting it, but delete more or less simply because someone said they had some kind of issue with it - almost any kind of issue will do it sometimes.

Someone might start a thread about puppies or baby goats or wildflowers, and under the right circumstances posts or threads will be deleted - and not because they actually violated standards, but because someone wanted to do a Gotcha, and Gotchas are easy because the moderation isn't perfect - or connected, or data-gathering or cumulative. Patterns are not seen by moderators as they are by posters - or perhaps they are seen but QVC has told the moderators to respond strictly to single posts as far as evaluation.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

@dex wrote:

@dex This forum reminds me of one of those BBC shows: the women go to the parlor after a very proper meal to do needlepoint, never discussing anything rude or improper, nothing really real, just surface talk.

Meanwhile, the men are over in another room, smoking, drinking, talking world affairs and politics. Something tells me a few of us would be sneaking into the latter room...but the Q is what it is....

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

------------

100% agree with you.  I don't see how either of the two topics violate and QVC standards.  They might as well rule out all current events.  If we only can talk about shopping, we need to be shown some exciting products.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG .wow you said it best.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

The two main rules to keep in mind are:

1. Don't  bash the hosts - period.

2. If a thread gets poofed, don't repost it.

They are simple rules, really, and are not all that hard to follow.

@Plaid Pants2

Agree! Quick question: How dies one know if their post was removed? Does qvc notify you! I don't usually check back after I make a comment, so I have no idea if I have ever been proofed, if that is the correct term.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@dex wrote:

------------

100% agree with you.  I don't see how either of the two topics violate and QVC standards.  They might as well rule out all current events.  If we only can talk about shopping, we need to be shown some exciting products.

Discussion of a murdering ex football players suicide is not against the standards. The someone who was fired,is political which is against standards. There is no way anyone can say it is not political. Look what he does for a living. Rules for these two discussions are quite clear.