Honored Contributor

Re: What's the one thing you really wanted as a child but did not get?

I wanted an electric typewriter...dad said no because I could not sit out under a tree and use it???!!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@MsChiff wrote:

Two things -- I really wanted a play kitchen and somehow survived not getting one. Smiley Very Happy

The other thing is a sister. I've always wished I had a sister.

I wanted the exact 2 things..I had brothers and wanted a sister.

I had plenty of toys but we lived in the city in a row home and the play kitchen was something I asked for but never got...I'm sure due to not having enough space.

I too survivedWoman Wink

Honored Contributor

Dance lessons.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I really, really, really ----wanted to learn to play the accordian and then any instrument in elementary school--parents wouldn't pay for any of it----

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I wanted an electric typewriter...dad said no because I could not sit out under a tree and use it???!!

@Mom2Dogs    I would have found a way!    (except there were no electric typewriters in those days)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

To believe my mother loved me, trust her and not to be afraid of her.

Honored Contributor

Until I was in junior high school, I didn’t realize I was doing without. I had the same things my friends had.

Esteemed Contributor

I must confess there were always two things i really wanted as a child...........

First.......i always wanted a Grandma.............both my Grandmothers passed before my birth.........i remember seeing my friends as i grew up having such close relationships with their Grandmothers......luckily i had the BEST  Pop (Grandfather) who made things easier for our loss.............a true sweetheart.  But always wanted to be

hugged by my Grandma...........and to talk about "girl" things..................

Second..................our family had very sparse Christmas's  as my father was in construction and we had very little money during the Christmas Season...for two years i begged for a Patti Playpal.........it was expensive

and i never thought i would get it..............the second year i couldn't believe...there she was under the Christmas tree waiting for me.............i was ecstatic!!!  Well i didn't let go of Patti for a couple weeks.....was in heaven...then i decided one day to take her into the bathtub with me...without my parents knowing.........i had had other dolls in the bath with me before...wasn't a smart idea!!

she was an original Patti P. doll......but apparently their

arms, legs, head where held together by string work.....

after taking her out of the tub the strings gave way and the arms and legs dangled about 8 inches from the main body!!! My dad tried desperately to fix Patti....but even though he got the limbs closer....they still dangled all over............................very sad for me......BUT years later i can say i do chuckle at memory of how Patti P was all over the place.........................but again...those two weeks i was in heaven!!! hahaha  So i got the dream gift i wanted...but she didn't last too long!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I always wanted a real Barbie. I had Skipper.