Regular Contributor

What's the one thing you really wanted as a child but did not get?

[ Edited ]

For me, it was in the 80s and they were called ballet shoes. I really wanted one and my sister who did not care got one (from my aunt who didnt even know they were popular). I was so upset. 

I was making up my bed yesterday morning and remembered this from my childhood. So, what was it for you?

Super Contributor

Re: What's the one thing you really wanted as a child but did not get?

Nice clothes. I've been blessed. 

Respected Contributor

My own bedroom, with a bedspread and curtains that matched.  I was from a big family with a small house and not a lot of money for decor ....didn’t happen!

Super Contributor

A Thumbalina doll.  But somehow I carried on. sniff sniff 

Contributor

A cocker spaniel puppy.

Honored Contributor

I can't name just one.  I know there were quite a few things that I wanted and didn't have.  We did not have much money at all growing up.  Most other kids had nicer clothes, bikes, their own rooms, etc., but I know without a doubt that we were blessed having the parents we had and knowing that they gave us all they could and more.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A trust fund!! Lol!!

I grew up in a working class family.I didn’t have a lot of material things. But my parents worked hard & sacrificed a lot to give to their kids.

I was raised with a lot of love.I was taught valuable life lessons that have carried me through life.

I’ve been very fortunate to have gotten a college education.I married a good man. We have a very comfortable life. 

There is really nothing that I missed out on as a child,or as an adult.I’ve been truly blessed.

Respected Contributor

A Horse  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I can't think of a darned thing. I certainly didn't get everything I wanted, but I just can't think of anything that mattered so much that I'd still give it even a brief thought now. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I wanted a Barbie.  This was in the 1960s.  Instead I got an imitation Tammy doll.