Respected Contributor

Re: What's a common misconception people have about you?

I had an ex-coworker tell me, "I didn't know you were smart" when he found out I got a scholarship to a well respected university. When I was attending a special program, two students gasped right in front of me and were very doubtful I attended that school. It was embarrassing and hurtful.

I do feel uncomfortable in my skin many times knowing people dismiss my intelligence. I used to be the really skinny girl with the pretty face who later ended up being busty and curvy. It's like people can't believe that I can think and still have a large chest. There are a lot of stereotypes and I'm victim to them on a regular basis.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I have no idea.  

Esteemed Contributor

People think that I’m much younger than I am. Just today I surprised a contractor.We were talking & he said ”You’re to young to remember but”.I told him I remembered. He looked shocked.When I told him my age he nearly fell over.

He then looked at DH & told him he was a lucky man.Lol!!

Valued Contributor

That I dye my hair.

Honored Contributor

Many people think that I have some sort of protective shield that keeps me from feeling pain so I can try to help hurting and lost animals.

Actually, I feel the pain exactly as much as anyone else does, but love and compassion for ‘the least of these’ keep me going.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

That I'm healthy and pain-free. Very few people (other than my family and closest friends know my medical issues and the toll they take, especially in the winter months). I don't enjoy hearing complaints, so don't do so . . . even to my physicians. Not much anyone can do about pain anyway. If I'm not feeling well on a bitterly cold day, I might cancel some plans and stay home in bed. Usually, I'll wing it. Been doing it since a small child (my choice; not my parents).

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I am fully made up every day, don't wear anything the least bit conservative and just not a smily person (rbf)and many who don't know me think I'm a bit of a snob.  Once they interact with me they know I am a fun loving person and the exact opposite.  I was in a supervisory position when I worked and most I have supervised told me that they were a bit intimidated by me during the interview and thought I would be a "B" but after starting, immediately found out differently. While they knew they had to do their job and not play games,  I was all about letting them freely talk with me and my team always knew that they could joke and have fun as long as the work got done!  

Honored Contributor

Through most of my life I have been thought of as being stand-offish or stuck up.  In reality, I am shy and reserved.  I have always lacked confidence and feel uncomfortable in groups of people.  Also, that I am very quiet.  Once you get to know me, that couldn't be furthest from the truth.  If I feel comfortable with you, I am very chatty, and silly and love to goof around.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What?  and give away all my secrets?

I do have a thinner me, waiting to bust out again.

Honored Contributor

No common misconceptions about me. I'm an open book, what you see, you get. Woman Very Happy

"Pure Michigan"